The Zoological Society of London EDGE Fellowship 2022 is now accepting applications.
The awarding of two-year Fellowships to future conservation leaders working on poorly-known EDGE fish, gymnosperms, bird, mammal, amphibian, reptile, shark, or ray species is one of the most effective ways ZSL’s EDGE of Existence program is working to secure the future of EDGE species.
The EDGE of Existence program is the only worldwide conservation campaign that focuses especially on vulnerable species that have a long evolutionary history. The EDGE of Existence program highlights and protects some of the world’s most unique and wonderful species by using a scientific framework to identify the world’s most Evolutionarily Distinct and Globally Endangered (EDGE) species.
The following are the components of the two-year Fellowship:
- A four-week Conservation Tools training course will be offered at the start of the program to educate Fellows with the necessary skills to design and execute their projects;
- A £10,000 grant to carry out a two-year study on a high-priority EDGE species;
- Throughout the Fellowship, ongoing technical support is provided through online modules, web-based tutorials/seminars, and field visits;
- Support from a scientific advisor at ZSL or a partner organization on a one-to-one basis;
- Following successful completion of the Fellowship, Fellows will be offered a two-week Conservation Leadership training course in London to assist them to prepare for the next step of their careers.
Zoological Society of London EDGE Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
If you meet the following criteria, you may be eligible for an EDGE Fellowship:
- Concentrate your efforts on one of the EDGE species on the curated list for 2022.
- Are you a conservation biologist or wildlife manager in your early career (less than 10 years of experience)?
- Are you a citizen of a nation where the suggested focus species may be found?
How to Apply for the Zoological Society of London EDGE Fellowship
The following documents must be included with all applications:
- Completed and signed application form
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (no more than 2 A4 sides)
- A recent photograph of yourself
- A map of your project site
- a copy of your risk evaluation (using the ZSL template)
- Proof of English proficiency (only if English is not your first language)
- Proof of SCUBA diving proficiency (a scanned copy of your qualification card/certificate would suffice) (if applicable)
- You must have two letters of support from references submitted to the same address by the same deadline, with your name as the topic of the email. Your in-country supervisor must provide one of these references. These should be sent in Word or PDF format, not in the email body.
Deadline: By July 17, 2022, at 23:59 (BST), completed application forms and the materials listed above should be sent to [email protected]. Enter ‘EDGE Fellowship application your name’ in the email subject line when submitting your application.
Visit EDGE Fellowship and read the FAQ for more information.
Recommended for You