The Youth in Development Fellowship equips aspiring civic leaders and social entrepreneurs with the knowledge and skills they need to successfully lead social change efforts.
The majority of this program’s graduates have gone on to launch sustainable and highly significant social initiatives and programs that are changing the social and economic landscapes of their communities.
Fellows in the YID program participate in a 6-month professional development program. Fellows will refine their leadership abilities and drive lasting social change as part of a transformational learning experience.
These young leaders would receive a once-in-a-lifetime chance to study directly from world-class social change leaders and scholars.
Participants would join the Impact Toolbox’s powerful network of social change leaders.
Fellows will prepare action plans and social enterprise concept proposals that represent what they have learned at the conclusion of the fellowship.
Fellows will also get free access to online courses, exclusive mentoring and one-on-one strategy sessions, connections to fellow collaborators from across the globe, the chance to apply for some initial money, and unique networking opportunities with funders and investors.
Benefits for Youth in Development Fellowship
If you are chosen as a Fellow, you will have access to the following resources:
- To help you position your venture for investment and grant funding, we’ve created an Investment Pitch Lab.
- Peer engagement and mentoring with student entrepreneurs from prominent colleges around North America.
- Coaching and interactions with top business professionals and extraordinary social entrepreneurs from across the globe on a one-on-one basis
- Through our increasing network of excellent social entrepreneurs and program graduates, we get critical peer input, support, and partnerships.
- Applications for the Impact Toolbox Prototype Fund are available, as well as connections to additional funding options.The YID Fellowship is a springboard to more significant professional growth and investment possibilities.
RELATED: ASEAN CSR fellowship 2022 [UPDATED]
Youth in Development Fellowship Requirements
- Demonstrate an interest in civic leadership and a social-service career;
- Have a social change idea or initiative?
- On or before the application deadline, you must be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- You must be an African national and live and work on the continent.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English fluently;
- Be ready to participate in all of the fellowship’s weekly events for the whole six-month period.
Application for Youth in Development Fellowship
Application Submission and Review: Applicants are asked to submit applications for consideration.
On the basis of their enthusiasm and shown interest in civic leadership and social entrepreneurship, successful candidates will be chosen to advance to the next phase.
Social Entrepreneurship & Strategy Course: Applicants who advance to the second stage will take part in strategic planning and social entrepreneurship course.
You will design and present your theory of change, strategy plan, and business model throughout this course.
Based on the quality of your contributions, you will get a course completion certificate and an invitation to advance to the third round.
Round Three3-Day Venture Creation Boot Camp: Applicants that advance to the third stage will be invited to a three-day boot camp presented by our local partners and community ambassadors on-site or online.
You’ll learn about leadership, business planning, customer research, and attaining product-market fit throughout the boot camp.
You will submit a venture business model and a drawing of your MVP after the boot camp. You will get a certificate, and those who complete the program will be recognized as Fellows.
YID Fellows will be named, publicized on the YID websites, and publicly honored in Stage FourFinalist Announcement & 6-Month Fellowship.
They will encourage them to take part in a six-month intensive fellowship that will include grant writing, monitoring and evaluation, financial modeling, narrative and marketing, investment positioning, policy advocacy, and political involvement.
All of the fellowship advantages will be available to fellows.
TO Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this page
Deadline: December 8, 2021