Young leaders in Venezuela are invited to apply for the Youth Ambassadors Program 2022, which is run by the US Field Office for Venezuela.
Teens between the ages of 15 and 18 are welcome to participate, as are adult mentors.
The Youth Ambassadors program aims to develop a group of young adults from all over the Americas who have a strong sense of civic responsibility, a commitment to their communities, awareness of global issues, and strong interpersonal leadership skills; promote mutual understanding, respect, and collaboration between people in the United States and other countries in the Western Hemisphere; and provide a group of young high school students leads by example.
Through numerous activities, participants will learn about civic education, leadership, community service, and social and youth change.
The program in 2022 will be a virtual exchange in Venezuela, with activities beginning in the autumn of that year; specific dates may vary.
The structure of the program is subject to modification in collaboration with the US Department of State.
They’ll keep an eye on the effect of COVID-19 on foreign travel and exchanges financed by the US government, both domestically and internationally.
They plan to offer Youth Ambassador programs in 2022, and we’ll keep you updated as more information becomes available.
Benefits of the Youth Ambassadors Program
The following skills will be taught to participants:
- Relationships between cultures
- Global Perspectives on Professional Development
- Volunteering in the Community
- Language abilities
Requirements for the Youth Ambassadors Program
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 18 when you begin the program.
- At the time of application, you must live and study in Venezuela.
- After December 2022, have at least one trimester of secondary school education pending.
- Demonstrate academic achievement, aptitude for leadership, and participation in the community.
- To go to the United States or engage in a local program, they must have their parents’ or legal guardians’ consent.
- Have only gone to the United States and other countries on a limited basis or have never traveled before.
- You must be a Venezuelan citizen and live in the country.
- Actively engage with teenagers in a high school or community context.
- After the exchange, be willing and able to meet with the young participants on a regular basis to assist and monitor participation programs.
How to Apply for the Youth Ambassadors Program
Deadline for application: Friday, February 25, 2022, at noon, Washington, DC time.
To apply, go to this link.
Visit the Youth Ambassadors Program for more information.
Recommended for You