The Singapore International Foundation is currently accepting applications for its Global Programme for Young Social Entrepreneurs 2022.
The YSE Global 2022 initiative aims to inspire, equip, and allow young people from all walks of life to start and run social businesses in Singapore and throughout the world. They want to assist make it happen if you or your networks have viable and creative commercial solutions to the social issue(s) anywhere in the globe!
Do you want to grow your social enterprise? Submit your application today if you are between the ages of 18 and 35 and have a viable and creative commercial solution to a social problem.
YSE Global’s Background
Since 2010, YSE Global has cultivated a network of young people with socially conscious business ideas. We leverage the power of ideas, know-how, and resources to impact good change for a better world in collaboration with seasoned social entrepreneurs, business consultants, and investors.
Since its inception in 2010, the YSE program has inspired, equipped, and enabled over 1,300 graduates from 42 different countries. They’ve given over S$790,000 in financing to more than 40 social companies so far, and they’re still seeing their development and effect in the area. Forbes (30 Under 30), Ashoka, Acumen, and others have recognized their young changemakers as remarkable creators and impact leaders.
The program is entirely online.
- Network: Participants will receive access to a worldwide network of over 1,200 alumni, as well as a chance to win a grant of up to S$20,000 to help them build up their social businesses.
- Join a global network of young changemakers, which includes like-minded people, corporations, and successful entrepreneurs.
- Mentorship: Gain access to industry leaders and professionals for advice.
- Monthly capacity building sessions: Gain a broader perspective on social entrepreneurship by connecting with, networking with, and learning from key players in the social enterprise landscape through capacity-building opportunities.
- Grants: Get up to S$20,000 in grants to help you grow your social company.
Requirements for the Young Social Entrepreneurs Global Programme
- You are eligible to apply if you are between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Participants from all countries are welcome to apply; however, due to the large number of applications received each year and the restricted intake of each cohort, applications from the following countries will be prioritized: Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, and Vietnam are all countries in Southeast Asia.
- They’re searching for young changemakers with innovative ideas for addressing social concerns via business solutions. Before applying, you do not need to have a social business that is incorporated or registered. They want to hear from you whether you have a good concept or are just starting out with your business.
- Individuals are welcome to apply, however, they strongly advise you to establish a team. As your social company expands, having more than one member helps you to maximize the advantages of cooperation and support.
- They invite applications from social entrepreneurs working on social challenges in any area or industry. However, social companies with an environmental emphasis and/or digital-related solutions will be highly considered by the program.
- It is not required that your activities take place in Singapore.
- Teams are allowed to submit several ideas. However, in order to be fair to the other participants/teams, only one of your suggestions may be chosen.
- All applications must be sent in English.
How to Apply for the Young Social Entrepreneurs Global Programme
Your application is evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Social impact: The advantages that the community enjoys, as well as the possible effect on the community/issue.
- Innovativeness: Unique elements of business concepts, as well as creative and daring ideas.
- Company Concept Viability and Sustainability: The viability of a business idea is determined by its feasibility and long-term viability.
- Commitment: The ability and desire to be a changemaker.
- Workshop in June 2022 (online workshop + pitch to be nominated for further consideration)
- Mentorship for 6 months
- July – October 2022: Capacity Building Session
- 2022 (July – October)
- Pitching in November 2022 (for a maximum of S$20,000)
The deadline is April 24, 2022, at 23:59 p.m. (Singapore time)
To apply, go to this link.
Visit YSE Global for more information.
Recommended for You