The Year Here Social Innovation Fellowship program for Autumn 2022/23 is now accepting applications.
Year Here is a social innovation course based on the everyday experiences of individuals who are on the front lines of injustice and aimed at developing social companies with a big effect.
They have two admissions every year, with fellowships beginning in the spring and autumn. The curriculum runs for ten months full-time, with a two-month incubator option. Apply to be a part of the future generation of social entrepreneurs.
Over the course of ten months, you’ll learn how to create entrepreneurial solutions to some of society’s most pressing issues, such as educational inequity and homelessness. If you are chosen as a Fellow, you will:
- Get first-hand information. You’ll spend the first five months getting deep user insight by working with those who have been severely touched by austerity. You’ll also work on briefs issued by customers including Crisis, the NHS, and the Greater London Authority to further your systemic knowledge.
- Get to know your co-founders. Their Fellows have an average of seven years of professional experience in industries ranging from biology to law, journalism to engineering. They’ll become your support system, collaborators, and, eventually, co-founders.
- Create scalable businesses. You’ll develop and test your own social company, with the possibility of moving on to their Incubator and launching it into the world. Expert partners such as the Boston Consulting Group, ForwardPMX, and BNY Mellon help venture teams.
- Expert professors will teach you. From award-winning social designer Lauren Currie OBE to Nishant Lalwani, Director of Investments at The Omidyar Network, you’ll be assigned a personal mentor and get extensive training from a faculty of more than 80 social innovation luminaries.
Find out more about the programme in their 2022 Prospectus.
- There is no tuition price, unlike a Master’s degree or MBA, and the education is completely free.
While there is no tuition charge, going a year without a paycheck is definitely difficult. The good news is that you have a variety of alternatives for making the software work for you. Despite the rigorous nature of the program, the majority of Fellows work part-time or freelance in the evenings, weekends, and holidays — as designers, teachers, or journalists, for example.
Some students get a stipend to help with living costs, while others take advantage of low-cost housing choices.
- Each year, they provide a modest number of bursaries of up to £5,000 to deserving students. These are supported by contributions from their advisers, teachers, and a larger network. To be considered for a bursary, you must provide proof of any previous means-tested financial help you have received.
Requirements for the Year Here Social Innovation Fellowship
Fellows come from a variety of professions and backgrounds. They bring an exceptionally broad mix of professional talents and life experiences to the program, with an average of 7 years of experience. Their excellent personal traits, such as ingenuity, humility, and resilience, as well as their enthusiasm for social action, bind them together.
You must meet the following basic criteria to be able to apply to Year Here:
- Eligibility to work and volunteer in the United Kingdom
- Acceptance of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, previously CRB) check
- Ability to commit to the program dates and reside in London for the length of the course.
Entrepreneurial track record: You don’t have to have found a company to be considered, but you must show that you have a natural proclivity for action.
Professional skill set: You should have a strong foundation in essential professional skills from at least two years of experience.
Learning mindset: They’re searching for open-mindedness, curiosity, and a feeling of possibilities when it comes to personal, professional, and social development.
Passion for social justice: You should be concerned about societal concerns, skeptical of what works, and enthusiastic about change.
Insatiable hunger: You don’t miss out on chances. You’re very motivated and eager to learn, progress, and make a difference.
How to Apply for the Year Here Social Innovation Fellowship
It takes 5 minutes to complete the first step.
- Sign up to see if you’re eligible. You’ll be emailed an online application form if you’re qualified.
- Applicants who satisfy the requirements are asked to submit an online application, participate in a video interview, and attend a selection workshop.
- When you get your invitation to the selection workshop, you will be required to submit an application if you are seeking financial assistance.
- You’ll have to describe your financial circumstances and attach proof of past means-tested assistance.
- You’ll be informed of the outcome of your financial assistance application when you get your offer.
Click here to Apply.
Deadline: May 29, 2022
Visit Year Here for more information.
Recommended for You