The YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2022 – Onsite Cohort 40 is now accepting applications.
The YALI RLC West Africa is searching for young men and women who are willing to take on leadership roles and work hard to help their nations improve.
The United States government created the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) as a hallmark endeavor to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
Over the course of 17 weeks, the Emerging Leaders Program will train emerging African leaders about contemporary leadership. The curriculum will be divided into four phases: a five-week classroom phase offered in person or online, followed by a 12-week mentoring program, internship or community service, and a report writing time.
Business and Entrepreneurship: This course is designed for a variety of emerging and aspiring entrepreneurs who want to work in the private sector or start their own businesses on the continent.
Civil Society Management: Those who are or desire to be civically active and serve the public via non-governmental organizations, community-based groups, or volunteers would benefit from this route.
Public Policy and Management: This course is designed for students who work or intend to work at any level of government (including elected posts), regional or international organizations such as the African Union or the West African Community, or other publicly oriented organizations or think tanks.
- Participants will get certificates and become members of the distinguished YALI Alumni at the conclusion of the program.
- Participants will be exposed to several types of leadership training in order to prepare them for positions of leadership in their own companies, communities, and nations.
YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program | Eligibility Criteria
Young West African leaders who match the following requirements are eligible to compete for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa.
- At the time of application submission, you must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Burkina Faso.
- Are not citizens of the United States or permanent residents of the United States.
- Are capable of reading, writing, hearing, and speaking English, and are qualified to get any required visa to Ghana.
YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program | Selection Criteria
A merit-based, open competition will be held to choose participants for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa. A selection panel will assess all qualified applications. Semi-finalists will be interviewed before a final decision is made and an offer to participate in the program is sent out.
The following factors will be used by selection panels to assess applications:
- Leadership in public service, business, entrepreneurship, or civic involvement must be shown.
- Volunteerism, mentoring, or active participation in public or community service.
- The capacity to cooperate peacefully in a variety of groupings while also respecting others’ viewpoints.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- Knowledge, passion, and professional experience in the chosen sector/track, as well as
- After the program, a commitment to use your leadership talents and training to help your nation and/or community.
How to Apply
You must use the online application method to submit your application. Applications sent on paper or by email attachment will not be accepted. The deadline for applications is May 9, 2022. Only those who have been shortlisted will be notified.
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline: May 9, 2022
Visit YALI RLCWA for more details.
Recommended for You