The Yale Young African Scholars program is now accepting applications (YYAS).
YYAS is an intense academic and enrichment program for African secondary school students who want to continue university education and make a difference as young leaders on the continent.
Participants will improve their academic skills, receive advice on university admissions and career path alternatives, and become part of a network of African young leaders.
Students will be assigned mentors after the program, who will guide them through the university admission process.
Students do not have to pay tuition to participate in YYAS.
YYAS 2022 is an online program that will take place from July 20 to July 26, 2022.
Participants will participate in video seminars, lectures, and dialogues throughout the course of the seven-day program using a variety of online platforms, including Zoom.
Students from any African country who are in secondary school are eligible to apply. Applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 18 and enrolled in the international equivalent of 11th grade.
There is no charge for submitting an application.
Deloitte-One Young World Education Scholarship to Attend the OYW Summit
Eligibility for Yale Young African Scholars
- To be considered:you must be at least 14 years old before the application deadline (03 February 2022). Please keep in mind that a typical YYAS student ranges in age from 15 to 18.
- English: You must be able to follow a challenging academic program taught in English.
- Citizenship: You must be an African citizen or a permanent resident. YYAS will also consider applications from refugees residing in Africa.
- School location: You must be currently enrolled in school in an African country.
- Grade Level: You must be a current 11th grade student to apply (or the international equivalent).
- Graduation date: If you go to school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must finish secondary school by May/June 2023 at the latest.
- If you go to school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must complete secondary school by November/December 2022 at the earliest, and November/December 2023 at the latest.
You are not eligible to apply if you are in your final year or term of secondary school, have already graduated from high school, or are a university student.
Application for Yale Young African Scholars
The following three (3) components are required of all applicants:
- Completed application form
- Official transcript or grade report(s)
- One (1) teacher recommendation
To apply click here
For more info. Visit our website
Deadline: February 3, 2022