The World Resources Institute (WRI) Land Accelerator Africa 2022 is now accepting applications.
The Land Accelerator Africa was founded by the World Resources Institute (WRI) in 2018, and it is the world’s first training and mentoring program aimed exclusively at enterprises that rehabilitate degraded forests, farms, and pasture.
To help entrepreneurs throughout Africa achieve the AFR100 Initiative’s objective of restoring 100 million hectares of land by 2030, the Land Accelerator offers mentoring, networking opportunities, technical training, and seminars to help them improve their narrative and pitching abilities.
Participants will finish the program with increased confidence in their ability to engage with prospective investors and take their firm to the next level of development.
Since its inception in 2018, the program has drawn approximately 1,400 candidates from throughout Africa, with 104 graduates from 34 countries reporting creating 11,200 employment, working with 56,000 farmers, and restoring 127,000 hectares.
The Top 100 have access to:
- 3 months of expert-led weekly training sessions.
- Fledge’s online training for start-ups is free for three months.
- Templates for creating content that can help your company succeed.
- Mentors will be available during weekly office hours to give their knowledge.
- Weekly networking events allow you to meet and learn from other entrepreneurs in your cohort.
Entrepreneurs have access to the training and resources they need to fulfill the following tasks at the conclusion of the program:
- A one-minute proposal that will entice investors, consumers, and prospective partners.
- A pitch deck with 10 to 12 slides aimed at investors.
- A strategy for measuring, managing, and selling environmental indicators.
- To illustrate their growth expectations and identify capital requirements, they created a three- to a five-year financial model.
- Increased faith in the purpose and operations of their company.
- The top 100 entrepreneurs were also eligible to apply for a Land Accelerator investment bundle, which was given to them by an expert jury.
Those who get investment packets gain access to:
- A $5,000 or more innovation award.
- A meeting with a Land Accelerator organizer to design a grant proposal for investment and innovation.
- A 90-minute group session with Land Accelerator mentors who offered targeted feedback.
- A one-on-one conversation with a Land Accelerator mentor to get feedback and go over all of the documents you supplied during the program.
- The chance to give a three-minute company presentation at the virtual Land Accelerator Impact Days, a two-day event that brings grantees and investors from all around Africa together.
- The chance to meet other entrepreneurs in person for a week-long boot camp in Nairobi, Kenya, where you’ll learn from both top entrepreneurs and educators.
Requirements for the World Resources Institute Land Accelerator Africa
- Businesses from all throughout Sub-Saharan Africa are welcome to apply.
- The application must be prepared in one of two languages: English or French.
- Entrepreneurs whose business strategy clearly focuses on land restoration, such as sustainable agriculture, reforestation, and agroforestry, are encouraged to apply.
Entrepreneurs are asked to participate in all of the weekly 90-minute live webinars and networking events.
These will take place on Tuesday or Thursday nights in Africa, depending on the time zone. Many of the online lectures will include homework assignments for the participant and/or the company’s management team to complete.
The more entrepreneurs that participate in the program, the more benefits they will get. Expect to put in a minimum of four hours each week, but expect to put in more than that. Attendance will be taken, and assignments will be assessed on the timeliness with which they are submitted, as well as their completeness and effort.
Entrepreneurs who miss sessions or fail to complete tasks will not be considered for the funding package.
How to Apply
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline for application: Ongoing
Visit Land Accelerator Africa for more information.
Recommended for You