The Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program is available to excellent and well-qualified students from developing countries who are pursuing a master’s degree in development-related topics.
Expect to apply during the March to May application period.
JJWBGSP grants scholarships for 48 Participating Programs at universities in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan in essential areas of development, such as economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management, subject to available funds. Please note that you will not be able to apply for a JJWBGSP Scholarship in 2022 if you are not accepted into one of these 48 programs.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): World Bank
Scholarships to be taken at: Universities in Japan
Scholarships level: Masters
Scholarships Worth: Fully-funded
Subject Eligibility: Economic policy management, Tax policy, and Infrastructure management
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students
DETAILS OF THE WORLD BANK SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2022-2023
Tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and a travel allowance are all included in the JJWBGSP scholarships.
World Bank Scholarship Program | Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the program requirements given below to be considered for the World Bank Scholarships Program 2022/23.
- Candidates of any nationality are welcome to apply.
- Be a citizen of a developing country that is a World Bank member.
- Holding dual citizenship in any civilized country is not permitted;
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle;
- Have a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree that was acquired at least three years previous to the Application Deadline;
- After receiving a Bachelor’s (or similar) degree, have 3 years or more of recent development-related employment experience;
- At the time of applying for the scholarship, you must be working in a paid full-time development-related employment.
The following benefits are included in the fully-funded World Bank Scholarships Program:
- At the commencement of your study program and shortly following the completion of the scholarship period, you will fly in economy class between your home country and the host university. Scholars will receive a $500 travel allowance for each trip in addition to the two-way plane tickets.
- a monthly subsistence grant to cover all living expenses while on campus during the scholarship term (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The allowance amount varies according to the host nation.
- The cost of a VISA application
- Expenses associated with bringing and/or supporting a scholar’s family;
- Courses or training outside of the classroom;
- Courses that do not fulfill the graduate degree’s minimal credit requirements;
- The graduate program does not provide language instruction;
- Expenditure on travel throughout the duration of the program of study;
- Expenses for research, supplemental instructional materials, field excursions, workshop/seminar participation, or internships; or Educational equipment such as computers.
- Fee for a resident permit.
How to Apply for the World Bank Scholarship Program
The call for JJWBGSP Scholarship applications will commence in late March 2022, and the deadline to apply will be around mid-May 2022. Guidelines for the call for applications in 2022 include the calls:
- To begin, the Application Guidelines, FAQs, and the entire list of JJ/WBGSP Participating Programs contain instructions and procedures for submitting an application, as well as the qualifying criteria candidates must satisfy and the selection process. Master’s degrees are now available.
- Second, any questions on how to apply for a Participating program should be directed to the appropriate university. To be eligible to apply to the JJ/WBG, all applicants must have received an unconditional offer of admission from a participating program.
- Finally, click HERE to apply once you’ve familiarized yourself with the application criteria and procedures. To learn how to access and browse the online application, see “Accessing your online application” and “Navigating your online application.”
Mid-May 2022 is the deadline for applications.
For more information, go to the official website.
Recommended for You