Doctoral and postdoctoral researchers in the Maghreb region are encouraged to apply to the Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents programme, which is sponsored by L’Oréal-UNESCO, beginning in 2022.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science seeks to encourage young women to pursue careers in science. This initiative identifies and honours young female researchers who are skilled in the following disciplines (Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Physiology, Biotechnology, Ecology, and Chemistry applied to life). Those of the sciences of matter, for example (such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth, and universe sciences).
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Fellowships were established in 2007 with the goal of recognizing young female researchers for the quality of their work and encouraging them to continue a successful careers in science.
Worth of Award
- Individual scholarships are worth a total of €10,000.
Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents programme | Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible for the fellowship:
- Doctoral and postdoctoral degrees are available.
- All scientific areas are welcome.
- The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2020 will be given to five young female scientists from four Maghreb countries: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, and Libya. The fellowship is part of a collaboration between the L’Oréal Foundation and the UNESCO National Boards in the four countries mentioned above.
- At the time of the application deadline, you must be at least 35 years old.
- Excellence in the classroom
- The research project’s quality and originality
- Capacity to encourage young people to pursue science
How to Apply for the Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents programme
Only the candidates themselves may submit applications using the internet portal. When an application has all of the following sections, in either English or French, it is deemed complete:
- A thorough curriculum vitae (CV) was filled out on the website www.fwis.fr.
- Copies of diplomas received beginning with the Bachelor’s degree.
- a copy of your official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- A maximum of two-page thorough abstract/description of the research project
- Including ongoing research initiatives
- A recommended project for the grant’s usage that supports the application and includes some of the participants
- budgetary forecasts
- The following is a list of my papers and patents.
- Recommendation letters from the scientific institute’s supervisor and/or director
- The university where the thesis was completed.
- Acceptance letter from the host laboratory for post-doctoral research.
Applications that are incomplete or sent after the deadline, as well as those that do not meet the aforementioned criteria, will not be accepted.
Deadline: August 31st, 2022.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You