Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of York 2022/23: The Wolfson Foundation grants scholarships to excellent students who show promise in their subjects of study.
These scholarships are open to foreign (including EU) and domestic (UK) students who have excelled academically.
The Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of York are funded by the Wolfson Foundation and support doctoral study in three subject disciplines: history, literature, and languages.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Wolfson Foundation
Scholarship Type: Academic Excellent Award
Host Institution(s): University of York, UK
Scholarship Worth: £30,250 (See scholarship Benefits)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Wolfson Scholarships will be given to academically outstanding students who, ideally, want to pursue a career in academia.
For the academic year 2022/23, three scholarships will be offered to outstanding applicants in all subject disciplines of history, literature, and languages.
Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships Requirement
To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have applied for a PhD program in the appropriate department and, preferably, have received an offer of a spot.
- On October 1, 2022, you may expect to begin your PhD studies (deferrals are not permitted)
- Prior to beginning the PhD, you must have a First or 2:1 honors degree or an equivalent.
- Before beginning the PhD, you must have finished a master’s degree.
- Have a research project in one of the Wolfson Foundation’s Subject Disciplines of History, Languages, or Literature.
- International (including EU) and domestic (UK) students are also welcome. The candidate should be applying for a course in one of the departments listed below:
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Women’s Studies
Each scholarship offers £30,250 each year (over three years) and covers:
- Tuition fees (at home/international rate; where an international student is awarded, the student’s department covers the difference between home and international fee rate)
- A maintenance stipend of around £22,000 per year
- Some research and training costs.
Application for Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships
How to Apply: To apply for the Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of York, go to the Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships page and fill out the online application form. Take notice of the following before applying for the scholarship:
- Prior to applying for a Wolfson Scholarship, you must have applied for a place of study via York Select.
- This application is for the academic year 2022/23, and it will open at noon on Thursday, November 4, 2021.
- On their program application, applicants must state that they anticipate to begin in October 2022.
- The application deadline is Wednesday, January 26, 2022, at 5 p.m. GMT.
- Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered in the interest of fairness.
Application Deadline: January 26, 2022
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: