With the help of USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs, and in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge.
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) are assisting the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MAFS).
Apply to the world’s greatest humanitarian organization for up to $40,000 in equity-free financing, coaching, and assistance.
Are searching for the best and most innovative ideas from South Sudan on how to combat hunger, increase food security, and build food systems.
The IGNITE Food Systems Challenge is a groundbreaking program aimed at assisting South Sudanese entrepreneurs and their enterprises.
The Challenge will provide kids with the opportunity to pitch and present their enterprises in order to win financial and technical assistance.
WFP, UNDP, and its partners want to create an enabling environment in South Sudan for start-ups and SMEs to grow into economically successful enterprises that contribute to the economy while also having a good social effect by addressing various gaps in the food system.
Table of Contents
Submit an application for up to $40,000 in equity-free financing.
Access to WFP & their Partners
Teams will collaborate with the World Food Programme (WFP), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and its expert entrepreneur support partners.
Bespoke, Flexible Support
With a tailored curriculum and direct contacts with experts and mentors to solve issues your company is encountering to expand, you’ll be able to seek particular help on what your firm needs most.
Exposure and networking
Teams will be able to draw on WFP’s extensive network of public, business, and government partners, as well as the combined strength of their brands.
WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge Requirements
- Open to women-led and youth-led start-ups between the ages of 18 and 35.
- In order to operate in South Sudan, you must have a valid business license.
- Have a preceding year’s revenue turnover of at least $5,000 USD equivalent;
- At least three full-time employees/founders are committed to the company;
- South Sudanese make up at least half of the top management and founding team.
- South Sudan is where they are based and where they operate.
- Strengthening regional food systems is a result of this.
- Possibility, time to impact and observable traction are all factors to consider.
- Vision clarity, market demand, and execution strategy are all important factors to consider.
- Financial viability based on a solid business case
- Strength, experience, and devotion of the team
Application for WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge
Applications will be accepted until 11:30 p.m. on December 15, 2021. (EAT).
WFP, its implementing partners, and external experts evaluate applications submitted for the WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge using a set of criteria.
While they encourage candidates from all phases of the food chain — production, manufacture, and consumption – those that have previously shown traction and market validation will be given priority.
WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: December 15, 2021
Recommended for You: