Education, according to the Western Union Foundation, is a critical stepping stone to success, yet it remains out of reach for the majority of people. WU’s goal is to prepare students for success in today’s workforce.
The WU Scholars program was created in 2017 to help students from traditionally disadvantaged groups who experience significant access challenges get a higher education and better positions themselves to assist their families and communities in the future.
There have been more than 500 students assisted since we started. With the help of the Institute for International Education (IIE), the Western Union Foundation will be accepting nominations, selecting recipients, and distributing scholarships once again.
Nominations for the WU Scholars program for 2021 will be accepted by IIE until October 15th, 2021. Students must be suggested by a member of their higher education institution’s administration before they may be invited to apply in person.
Scholarships of $400,000 are now available to low-income foreign students and other disadvantaged children studying in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, and other parts of Europe.
Requirement for the Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program 2021/2022
- This scholarship is only open to international students who have already begun the 2021-22 Academic Year (or a semester system that corresponds to that of the university) and are enrolled at a university in one of these countries of study: The US or the United Kingdom or Europe or Singapore or Japan.
- If you’re a full-time undergraduate (Bachelor’s degree) student in any of the above-mentioned nations or areas, you are eligible to apply for this program.
- In order to qualify, applicants must be in financial need.
- You’ll need an excellent GPA, strong aspirations, and evidence of dedication to your chosen area of study to be considered for this position.
RELATED: One Young World – Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs ‘Enterprise for Peace’ Scholarship (Fully Funded to attend the OYW2022 Summit in Tokyo, Japan) – 2022
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for full-time doctoral study at a UK university (Fully Funded) – 2022/2023
- There is an opportunity for accredited postsecondary higher education institutions in the following countries to nominate up to five of their international students for whom financial assistance is most needed in the fall semester of 2021, which roughly corresponds to September to December. Nomination forms must be filled out and submitted electronically on the nominations website.
- If you’d like to nominate more than one student, please rank them according to their financial need, with “1” denoting the most need and “5” denoting the least. Please spend some time outlining the financial and personal circumstances of each student.
- Refugee, migrant, immigrant, and displaced students will be given preference. Please be sure to include this if it applies to the candidate in your submission.
- Students have a greater chance of winning an award if they provide the selection committee with more specific and customized information.
- It is designed for foreign students in their last or penultimate year who are facing financial difficulties that may prohibit them from finishing their degree program. According to the university’s tuition and fees and their proven financial need, a limited number of scholars will be awarded up to $10,000 USD for the semesters of September 2021 through December 2021.
- Please email us at [email protected] with any queries you may have before submitting your submission. There is a deadline of 11:59 PM ET on Friday, October 15, 2021, for nominations to be received by IIE. Students who have been nominated will be notified and given until Friday, October 29, 2021, to submit their applications. The winners will be revealed in the middle of November.
- The Western Union Foundation generously funded these awards, and the Institute of International Education administers them.
US, UK, Europe, Singapore, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program 2021/2022