The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge for Women(2022) is a first-of-its-kind worldwide competition for social entrepreneurs who are working to advance the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and motivating whole communities to take action to achieve the society we want by 2030.
The WE Empower Challenge recognizes forward-thinking female CEOs from all across the globe who are advancing the SDGs via sustainable business practices and motivating others to do the same.
The award celebrates their unique work while also providing them with capacity-building training sessions and chances to interact with an unrivaled worldwide network to help them expand their businesses.
This initiative highlights and promotes the important contribution that women entrepreneurs and business leaders can make to the SDGs and addressing the world’s most pressing issues.
Eligibility for WE Empower Challenge For Women :
Applicants must fulfill all of the following requirements to be considered for this competition. Finalists will need to provide proof of sales (such as tax returns and/or audited financial records).
- I am a woman entrepreneur with lead decision making ability in a business or organization
- My business/organization has been in operation for more than three years
- I employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)
- My business/organization generates at least $100,000 USD in annual sales or revenue
- I am proficient in spoken and written English
- I am at least 21 years old
- I am available to travel to New York, NY and participate in all events from Friday, September 17 through Saturday, September 25 2021 (COVID-19 travel restrictions permitting) AND if necessary, I am able participate in a virtual program from August through October 2021.
Benefits for WE Empower Challenge For Women :
- In 2022, the WE Empower Challenge Awardees will participate in events surrounding the 77th UN General Assembly as well as will connect with renowned business experts from around the world.
- Awardees will also participate in a dynamic pitch competition, hosted by fashion designer, activist and Vital Voices Board Member Diane von Furstenberg, to present their business for the opportunity to receive a $20,000 grant
Applicants will be evaluated based on a number of variables, including the ones listed below:
- Commit to the entire week of the in-person program (travel permitting) or a virtual program held from August through October 2021 – no exceptions.
- Applicant’s business or organization has a substantial impact on the SDGs and a clear vision for how their business will create the future we want in 2030.
- Help shape the community dialogue about women’s advancement and the SDG’s in their region, and wield the influence necessary.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2022.
Visit the official website of WE Empower UN SDG Challenge For Women
Recommeded for you