For the Volkswagen Short Time Fellowship for Junior Scholars in Germany in 2022, the Volkswagen Foundation is accepting applications.
The “Sensitive Provenances” research project, supported by the Volkswagen Foundation, looks at the provenance of human remains from (proto-)colonial settings in two collections at the University of Göttingen.
The goal of this study is to look into the origins of human remains, the circumstances of their acquisition, their transfer to university collections, their usage for research and teaching, and their current socio-political significance.
In addition to research, the initiative involves making links with representatives from the places where these human remains were discovered, considering their future management, and commencing reparation procedures.
Human remains from Oceania and Africa are the focus of the study.
Worth of Award
- A monthly stipend of 2.100 € will be paid to scholarship recipients.
- A replacement allowance, as well as a family and childcare allowance, may be offered depending on individual circumstances.
- The cost of transportation to and from Göttingen will be paid.
- The scholarship recipients will get assistance in many organizational and content-related aspects throughout their research stay at Göttingen.
Volkswagen Short Time Fellowship Requirements
- Volkswagen is interested in a variety of modest initiatives that provide fresh views, broaden or challenge what it does.
- The fellows’ theme, questions, research techniques, and interests are intentionally left open to allow for a wide range of viewpoints on human remains collections, colonial history, and current interpretations and treatment.
- History & Archives, Museum Studies, Social & Cultural Anthropology, Biological Anthropology, Indigenous Studies, and allied topics are all encouraged to submit questions.
- It also seeks suggestions for creative studies and interventions that interact critically with the project’s major topics.
How to Apply for Volkswagen Short Time Fellowship
Please provide the following papers to Dr. Christian Vogel in order to apply.
- Letter of introduction (specifying the motivations and interests of the candidate)
- a summary of the intended project/activities during the scholarship term (max 1000 words)
Deadline: Applications for the Volkswagen Short Time Fellowships for Junior Scholars will be considered on a rolling basis until March 01, 2022.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: