For the academic semester 2022/23, the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) welcomes applications for the Upcycled Textile Waste PhD Scholarship at RMIT University in Australia 2022.
Transforming textile waste into fibre reinforcement forms in cementitious composites is a long-term solution that not only addresses the growing amount of textile waste discarded in landfills each year, facilitating the transition to a circular textile economy, but also improves the properties of construction materials.
The goal of this study is to improve mix design and get a better understanding of the impacts of various upcycled textile fiber types in concrete.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is worth $31,885 each year for three years, with a six-month extension option.
Upcycled Textile Waste PhD Scholarship Requirements
To be considered for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- possess a Master of Science in Research or a Master of Science in Coursework with a strong research component evaluated as high distinction or equivalent, or
- an Honours degree in civil engineering or any equivalent discipline with a first-class Honours.
Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, and on-shore foreign applications are preferred.
How to Apply for Upcycled Textile Waste PhD Scholarship
To apply, email Professor Sujeeva Setunge at [email protected] and Dr. Chamila Gunasekara at [email protected] the following materials.
The following information should be included in expressions of interest:
- A one-page cover letter expressing your enthusiasm for the project.
- A digital copy of a Masters or Honours thesis, as well as a digital copy of academic transcripts, are also acceptable forms of proof of research skills.
- A CV that includes any publications, honors, and professional experience that is relevant.
Deadline: Applications for the Upcycled Textile Waste PhD Scholarship will close when the PhD candidate is selected.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: