The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime UNODC Drug Abuse Prevention Center Grants 2022 are now available for applications.
The UNODC DAPC Grants program is releasing a Call for Proposals to finance non-profit organizations working in the field of substance use prevention whose projects seek to execute evidence-based substance use prevention programs for and with children.
Under this Call for Proposals, DAPC grant funds will be offered to projects that:
- are centered on evidence-based drug abuse prevention. This is determined by how closely the project’s activities correspond to the sorts of treatments and policies that have been proven to be successful in reducing drug abuse based on existing scientific data, as defined in the International Standards on Drug Use Prevention;
- Are directed towards children under the age of 15 and executed in a progressive manner;
- Encourage youngsters to take an active role in their communities. Proposals should show youth as active agents in successful drug use prevention, including meaningful participation in the creation, distribution, and implementation of evidence-based substance use programs; and link young people to UNODC Youth Initiative initiatives.
- Applicants from low- and middle-income countries are eligible for grant awards of $10,000 to $17,000.
UNODC Drug Abuse Prevention Center Grants Requirement
- Applicants must be non-profit organizations that have been in existence for at least two (2) years under the laws of the nation in which they are registered.
- Prior experience in drug abuse prevention, health promotion, youth empowerment, or other similar sectors is required.
- Furthermore, candidates must be financially capable of managing and administering the funding.
Application for UNODC Drug Abuse Prevention Center Grants
Candidates must first submit a concept note, which will be assessed according to a set of criteria.
The UNODC will evaluate the concept notes and ask candidates to submit comprehensive project proposals.
Selected candidates will be contacted individually and given more information, including the application documents they need.
Shortlisted candidates must register with the United Nations Partner Portal.
Applicants should send the Concept Note Application Form and a signed copy of the Self-assessment of Eligibility to [email protected] with the subject line ‘DAPC Grant 2022’.
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Recommended for You: