The UNODC, in conjunction with the Drug Abuse Prevention Center, is accepting proposals for UNODC DAPC Grants for Substance Use Prevention in the United States year 2022.
The UNODC DAPC grants program supports non-profit organizations working in the field of drug abuse prevention whose initiatives seek to develop evidence-based substance abuse prevention programs for and with kids.
Projects that meet the following criteria will be granted DAPC grant funds under this Call for Proposals:
Are centered on evidence-based drug abuse prevention.
This is determined by how closely the project’s activities correspond to the sorts of treatments and policies that have been proven to be successful in reducing drug abuse based on existing scientific data, as defined in the International Standards on Drug Use Prevention;
Are directed towards children under the age of 15 and executed in a progressive manner;
Encourage youngsters to take an active role in their communities.
Proposals should show youth as active agents in successful drug use prevention, including meaningful participation in the creation, distribution, and implementation of evidence-based substance use programs; and link young to UNODC Youth Initiative initiatives.
- Sports and comparable activities are not considered preventative in and of itself, but they may be utilized as venues for prevention activities that incorporate other evidence-based treatments such as life skills training.
- Furthermore, providing information or increasing awareness alone is not seen to be beneficial in reducing drug abuse.
- Programs that encourage the development of age-appropriate personal and social skills via a series of organized and interactive sessions, on the other hand, have been proven to be successful in reducing drug abuse.
- Supporting school engagement, fostering a healthy school culture, and assisting families and children are all examples of evidence-based methods.
Worth of Award
Applicants from low- and middle-income countries are eligible for grant awards of USD 10,000 to USD 17,000.
UNODC DAPC Grants for Substance Use Prevention Requirements
- Applicants must be non-profit organizations that have been in existence for at least two (2) years under the laws of the nation in which they are registered.
- Prior experience in drug abuse prevention, health promotion, youth empowerment, or other similar sectors is required.
- Furthermore, candidates must be financially capable of managing and administering the funding.
How to Apply for UNODC DAPC Grants for Substance Use Prevention
All UNODC DAPC Grants for Substance Use Prevention applications must be submitted online using the official website.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of concept notes is January 31, 2022, 23:59 (Central European Time, UTC+1h).
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: