Foreign Graduate Scholarships at the University of Saskatchewan 2022/23: The University of Saskatchewan is happy to offer the International Graduate Scholarship to international students intending to begin a Masters or Doctoral degree program at the University.
This scholarship is very competitive, and it is only offered to overseas students who have excelled academically.
As a continuing student or as a prospective student, the student must have a minimum grade point average of 80 percent.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Scholarship Type: Educational Fund
Host Institution(s): University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Scholarship Worth: PhD: $20,000, Master’s Thesis: $16,000
Number of Awards: Varies
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: International students
University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarships Requirement
All University Graduate Scholarships (UGS) winners must be full-time, fully qualified students who are either continuing their program or applying for a graduate degree program.
To apply for or hold a UGS, students must be in the first 36 months of a Master’s degree program or the first 48 months of a Doctoral degree program.
As a continuing student or as a prospective student, applicants must have a minimum of an 80 percent average.
For the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship, candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- Students who have been accepted into a full-time master’s or doctoral program.
- The student must be enrolled in or continuing in a graduate degree program at the University of Saskatchewan’s College of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, or have been recommended for admission to one.
- As a continuing student or as a prospective student, the student must have a minimum of an 80 percent average. Only entire terms (not half terms) are utilized to determine eligibility, resulting in a minimum of 60 credit units on which to calculate the student’s GPA. When calculating a student’s GPA, courses with grades of Pass, Credit, and so on are excluded (http://www.usask.ca/cgps/admissions/admissionsprocess.php#Calculatingadmissionaverage).
- In the first three years of their graduate degree, master’s students are eligible for up to two years of university graduate scholarship. A UGS cannot be held by a master’s student beyond the 36th month of their program.
- In the first four years of their PhD program, PhD students are eligible for up to three years of university graduate scholarship money. A UGS cannot be held by a PhD student beyond the 48th month of their graduate study.
- Applicants must have a full-time program offer from the University of Saskatchewan in Canada.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants must show that they have met the University of Saskatchewan’s English language competency standards.
- Graduate Scholarships are available to students in the following departments/units at the University of Saskatchewan:
- Art & Art History
- Curriculum Studies
- Education – cross-departmental PhD program
- Indigenous Studies
- Languages, Literatures, & Cultural Studies
- Large Animal Clinical Sciences
- Linguistics & Religious Studies
- Small Animal Clinical Sciences
- Veterinary Pathology
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
Application for University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarships
How-to-Apply: A complete student application contains the following items:
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary universities attended, photocopied We’ll get the student’s records from the University of Saskatchewan.
- Two letters of reference, which must be sent confidentially to [email protected].( see instructions on writing the reference letters at the official page).
Application Deadline: February 28, 2022
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: