For the academic year 2022/23, the University of Ottawa is accepting applications for the Entrance Scholarship for African Students in Canada.
The University of Ottawa is proud of its foreign student population and is always working to expand it.
This scholarship will assist enhance the university’s image as a renowned post-secondary institution throughout Africa, following in the footsteps of the Differential Tuition Fee Exemption Scholarship for overseas students studying in French.
The new scholarship will allow African students studying in English to participate in a variety of pilot programs across three faculties. culties at a greatly reduced tuition rate.
Worth of Award
The value of this award is $12,500/year ($6,250/term)
University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship Requirements
To be considered for this scholarship, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- be a student from another country with valid study permission;
- Possessing citizenship in one of Africa’s nations or territories;
- be a first-year student in one of the following undergraduate programs, which are offered in English or with the option of French Immersion:
- Sociology, Anthropology, International Development and Globalization, Conflict Studies, and Public Administration are all part of the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Except for Honours BSc in Biochemistry/BASc in Chemical Engineering, Honours BSc in Physics/BASc in Electrical Engineering, and Honours BSc in Ophthalmic Medical Technology, all programs are offered by the Faculty of Science.
This scholarship may be extended each future academic year for the same amount as when it was first awarded, as long as the recipient:
- Maintains full-time enrollment in the undergraduate program into which the student has been accepted and enrolled; and
- At the conclusion of each academic year, has a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 5.0.
- Students who are enrolled full-time in the Spring-Summer term will receive their whole scholarship payment, provided they complete all renewal conditions.
- Furthermore, during part-time Spring-Summer semesters, this scholarship may be renewed at 50% of its original value. This is if the student enrolls in at least 6 units part-time throughout the Spring-Summer semester (i.e., 2 courses).
- A 50% part-time renewal counts as a full payment toward the total of 12 installments available.
How to Apply for University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship
All applications for the Entrance Scholarship for African Students should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Automatic offer.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: