For the academic year 2022/23, the University of Newcastle is accepting applications for a Ph.D. scholarship in microbial genomics in Australia.
The university may construct a spatial abundance model that can be linked to the NDI data gateway by looking at the variety of bacteria associated with deep bore water samples, as well as the resistance mechanisms that allow their survival in these severe settings.
Worth of Award
- An annual living allowance of $28,597 per year (2021 rate – adjusted annually) is provided through a scholarship financed by the University of Newcastle or the Australian Government.
- Our scholarships for overseas students cover tuition and, in certain circumstances, the cost of mandatory Overseas Student Health Insurance.
University of Newcastle PhD Scholarship Requirements
Candidates must be able to
- having met all of the prerequisites for admission to the degree of Bachelor with Honours Class 1 or Honours Class II, Division 1 or any other degree approved by the Assistant Dean (Research Training) for this purpose; or
- have completed all requirements for admission to the University’s Bachelor’s degree program, or any other degree approved for this purpose by the Assistant Dean (Research Training), and have attained a standard recognized by the Assistant Dean (Research Training) as equivalent to at least Honours Class II, Division 1 through subsequent work and study; or
- present proof of having additional academic or professional credentials and/or experience as authorized by the Assistant Dean (Research Training) on the suggestion of the relevant School in exceptional situations; or
How to Apply for University of Newcastle PhD Scholarship
Interested applicants should send an email expressing their interest along with scanned copies of their
- academic transcripts,
- a brief statement of their research interests and
- a proposal that specifically links them to the research project.
Deadline: Applications for the Ph.D. Scholarship in Geomicrobial Genomics closes February 28, 2022, by 5 pm.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: