University of Chinese Academy of Sciences Scholarships are currently accepting applications for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The UCAS Scholarship for International Students was established by the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) to support young talents from around the world who wish to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degrees, attend courses, conduct research, or pay academic visits at UCAS faculties/CAS institutes.
International graduate students presently enrolled at foreign institutions are also encouraged to apply for combined programs.
There are two types of scholarships available: full scholarships and half scholarships. The full scholarship includes tuition, a monthly stipend, basic housing, and medical insurance, while the partial scholarship just pays a portion of the full’s expenses.
Since 2016, the scholarship has mostly supported master and doctorate students.
Worth of Awards for University of Chinese Academy of Sciences Scholarships
a. Tuition fee waiver from UCAS;
- Doctoral students would be free from the RMB 40,000/year tuition cost.
- A tuition price of RMB 30,000 per year would be waived for master’s students.
- A monthly tuition cost of RMB 2,600 will be waived for frequent visiting students.
- Senior visiting students would be excused from the RMB 3,000/month tuition cost.
b. Monthly stipend
Doctoral students, senior visiting students, and students on combined programs get a monthly stipend of RMB 2,500, and Master students and normal visiting students receive RMB 2,000.
In addition, based on their academic achievement, the host supervisor and UCAS faculty/CAS institute (hereafter referred to as faculty/institute) give research assistantships for recipients.
Doctoral students, senior visiting students, and students on combined programs will get a total monthly stipend of RMB 3500, while Master students and normal visiting students would receive RMB 3000.
- Awardees from Beijing-based faculties/institutes are provided with basic housing by UCAS.
- When awardees from CAS institutes outside Beijing attend the concentrated study at UCAS, they will be provided with basic housing, while their host institutes will assist in providing accommodation or resolving accommodation-related issues while the awardees are with them, and the awardees will pay for relevant expenses as requested by the institutes.
d. Medical Insurance;
- The insurance premium is RMB 800/year and RMB 400/half year.
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences Scholarships Requirement
- Meet the entrance requirements for UCAS foreign students (see the Master’s or Doctoral Programs for International Students Calls for 2022);
- Obtain consent from a host supervisor as well as the UCAS faculty/CAS institution with whom the supervisor is connected;
- Have a positive attitude toward study and scientific inquiry, as well as excellent academic results;
- At the time of application, you had not accepted any other sponsorship;
- Applicants for the master’s program must have been born after January 1, 1991. (inclusive).
- Applicants for the PhD program must have been born after January 1, 1986. (inclusive)
- Joint-program students: There is no upper age restriction.
- Students who come on a regular basis must have been born after January 1, 1981. (inclusive).
- Senior visiting students must have been born on or after January 1, 1976. (inclusive).
- Be able to communicate in English or Chinese. Applicants whose first language is not English should submit results from the TOEFL or IELTS that have not expired. TOEFL scores of 90 or above are required, as as IELTS scores of 6.5 or higher. Applicants are only needed to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score if they meet the following criteria:
- English is the native language, or
- Major undergraduate courses are taught in English/Chinese, which should be noted on transcripts, or in both English and Chinese.
- The new HSK Band 5 exam was passed with over 200 points.
Other qualifications for joint-program candidates include:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a higher education program in another country.
- The applicant’s foreign higher education institution must have signed necessary partnership and exchange agreements with CAS/UCAS/CAS institute.
- The selected student must enroll before November 2022.
- The duration of the academic visit or joint culture at CAS shall not be less than 6 months.
Other requirements on visiting students:
- Scholars should register before November of 2022.
- Scholars shall be further educated for no shorter than 6 months.
Note： Students who are currently studying at higher institutions in China cannot apply (with an exception for this year’s graduates).
How to Apply for University of Chinese Academy of Sciences Scholarships
CHECK ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- You should double-check that you satisfy ALL of the criteria listed in the call’s “General conditions for candidates” section. You must locate a suitable professor in your field of interest who is willing to accept you.
USE THE ONLINE SYSTEM TO SUBMIT BOTH YOUR ADMISSION AND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS.
- You must log in to UCAS’s Online Application System for International Students (http://adis.ucas.ac.cn), correctly fill in your personal information, upload authentic documents required for admission (please see the calls for doctoral/master/visiting programs), and submit your admission and scholarship applications.
Deadline: The closing date for applications is March 31, 2022.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: