Each year, young graduates who are professionals in their many areas of endeavor are asked to participate in the United Nations Young Professionals Program from a number of nations.
The application for 2022 is set to begin.
The UN Young Individuals Programme is a recruiting program for young, highly trained professionals interested in working for the UN Secretariat as international civil servants.
It comprises of an admission test procedure as well as professional development after individuals who pass begin working for the United Nations.
Company/Organisation(s): United Nation
Program Type: Young Professionals Programme (YPP)
Program Location: UN
Program Duration: Not Specified
Available Slot: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: a first-level university degree
Nationality: Countries that are un- or under-represented in the United Nations
What to Expect
- The YPP test is conducted once a year in a variety of topic areas, depending on the UN’s requirements.
- Nationals of participating nations are eligible to participate in the YPP. The list of nations that participate fluctuates from year to year.
- It comprises of an admission test procedure as well as professional development after individuals who pass begin working for the United Nations.
- Each year, the application season begins in June.
United Nations Young Professionals Program Requirements
You must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for the United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP):
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the participating countries.
- Applicants must have a relevant first-level university degree (at least a relevant Bachelor’s degree or a 3-year equivalent degree) to appear for the test.
- In the year of the test, applicants must be 32 years old or younger.
- Applicants must be able to communicate well in either English or French.
Application for United Nations Young Professionals Program
How-to-Apply: Applicants interested in the United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP) should take the following steps:
- Those interested can apply via Inspira.
- Confirm Your Eligibility
- Carefully review basic application criteria on the YPP Home page.
- Review The Job Opening
- The YPP application period typically opens each June.
- The job openings, specific to each exam area, will be found through Inspira or the UN Careers Portal.
- Read carefully to determine if you meet the requirements.
- If more than 40 applicants from the same country are eligible for an exam area, those applicants will be screened and ranked based on highest level of education completed, knowledge of official UN languages, and relevant work experience.
- If the exam occurs in two stages, then 60 applicants per country/per exam area may be invited to the first exam stage, with a maximum of 40 per country/per exam area proceeding to the second stage.
Application Deadline: Application period typically opens in June each year
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: