UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Form – The University of Benin (UNIBEN) is currently accepting applications for its different postgraduate programs for the academic year 2021/2022. Postgraduate diplomas, master’s degrees, and Ph.D. degrees are all available via UNIBEN’s postgraduate programs.
For the 2021/2022 academic session, applications are invited from adequately qualified candidates for admission to the University of Benin, UNIBEN postgraduate programs. The several Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the University of Benin offer postgraduate programs leading to the award of a Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s degree, and Ph.D.
UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- Candidates for the postgraduate program at the University of Benin must have a minimum of five (5) WASC, NECO, or GCE credits (ordinary level or their equivalents,) NOTE: MATHEMATICS AND ENGLISH CREDIT PASSES ARE REQUIRED.
Four Ordinary-level credits plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB, Advanced-level passes, or any other equivalent.
- A Pass (Degree/Diploma) holder is ineligible for admission to the University of Benin’s postgraduate program. To be considered for admission to the Master’s programs, all holders of a third-class degree must also have a PGD.
- Candidates having a Master’s degree but a Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59 % will be considered for admission to the M.Phil. program initially.
- A candidate for a Ph.D. in any of the University of Benin’s programs must have a minimum weighted average score of 60% in their Master’s degree.
- A candidate enrolling for a Ph.D. with a Master’s degree from another university who has not previously completed the obligatory courses or equivalents identical to those offered at the University of Benin must offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% in order to be admitted.
- Only students with an NYSC discharge, exemption, or exclusion certificate are eligible to enroll in a postgraduate study at the university.
Transcripts: Candidates should print and complete the referee forms included on the application page, then mail them to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. The referee reports must be provided before the application may be processed.
How to Apply for UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Form
Candidates should buy application forms online for N22,000.00 (Twenty-two thousand naira only) from any commercial bank in Nigeria using a valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD.
Before submitting the form online, the form must be completely filled out with all required information and then printed from the UNIBEN website, www.uniben.edu.ng. From the website, the following documents will be printed: – Referee and application forms. Any form that is not completely filled out will not be processed. By the 30th of May 2022, all application procedures must be completed.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Note that students should constantly check the website for courses that require a written entrance exam. When applying, please be sure to include your e-mail address and phone number.
Only those candidates who have been admitted into the different Postgraduate programs must pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees as listed below:
Total – N60,000.00
Note: Candidates must pay an acceptance fee before they can be cleared.
Some programs will need an entrance examination, which will be held at the Ugbowo campus on a soon-to-be-announced date. For certain programs, however, there will be no entrance examinations. Admission to such programs will be determined by the Senate’s general requirements.
Recommended for you