The UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award will be held in Switzerland in 2022, and applications are being accepted now.
Every year, UNHCR looks for an individual or organization that has shown a high level of devotion and commitment to assisting refugees, internally displaced persons, and stateless people.
Worth of Award
The laureate or winning organization will get $150,000 to use towards their humanitarian activities. In addition, four regional winners are chosen from each worldwide area outside of the laureate’s territory and presented with a certificate and a local celebration.
UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award Requirements
Individuals, groups, and organizations are all possible candidates. Every Nansen Refugee Award winner and regional winner devotes a significant amount of time and effort to assist those who have been forcefully displaced:
The work of the nominee
- goes above and beyond the call of duty; goes above and beyond the call of duty; goes above and beyond the call of duty;
- exhibits bravery – they may suffer personal danger as a result of their profession;
- has a direct beneficial influence on the lives of those who have been forcefully displaced or who are stateless;
- The work is connected to a major displacement issue or situation.
- Current or former UNHCR employees are ineligible.
How to Apply for UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The nomination period for the 2022 UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award will run until midnight CET on February 20, 2022.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: