The UNESCO-Hamdan Prize for Teacher Development 2022 is now accepting nominations.
The UNESCO-Hamdan Prize for Teacher Development was established in 2008 to encourage the enhancement of teaching and learning quality in order to achieve UNESCO’s Sustainable Development Goal 4 on Quality Education.
The Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation for Distinguished Academic Performance financially supports the Prize, which is given every two years (Hamdan Foundation).
His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance of the United Arab Emirates, founded the Hamdan Foundation in 1998.
The Foundation aims to increase educational performance at all levels and sectors by honoring all organizations and essential authorities in the education sector, as well as people who produce excellent accomplishments and innovations.
- The prize money totals $300,000, which will be split evenly among three winners whose ideas seek to improve teacher performance and effectiveness throughout the globe.
UNESCO-Hamdan Prize for Teacher Development Requirements
Governments of UNESCO Member States, via their National Commissions to UNESCO, and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) working in formal collaboration with UNESCO, may each submit up to five nominations.
No self-nominations are permitted.
The President or Secretary-General drafts the nomination letter.
NGO in official partnership with UNESCO
The President of Director-General at headquarters drafts the nomination letter.
If the NGO has branches, the nomination letter may be written by the head of the branch; however, a notification from headquarters confirming that the candidate nomination has been authorized should be included in the nomination letter from the branch.
- Institutes or organizations working in the sphere of teaching and learning; worldwide or national governmental or non-governmental organizations; educational or research institutions
- Nominations must be based on a candidate’s ongoing project or program that has been operating for at least three years and fulfills the selection criteria. It is important to explain the candidate’s project/program in a clear and ordered manner.
- Individual projects are ineligible for nomination and will not be considered. Nominations are limited to projects from organizations and institutes.
Qualification of UNESCO-Hamdan Prize for Teacher Development
Nominations will be accepted only if the initiative or program fits the following criteria:
- Candidates’ projects must have contributed significantly to improving teaching and learning, in accordance with UNESCO’s values and aims in this field:
- by displaying creativity targeted at improving teacher effectiveness
- through creating educational materials or other unique aids aimed at fostering creative teaching and learning
- by mobilizing projects and/or methods that are likely to improve teacher effectiveness
- through enhancing collaboration and research that informs and improves the efficacy of teachers
- Furthermore, the following factors will be taken into account:
- To allow for an assessment of outcomes and verification of efficacy, the program/project must be running for at least three years.
- It must provide a significant contribution to UNESCO’s and the UN’s core goals in the domains of excellent education for sustainable development.
- The work done must be outstanding and likely to inspire similar projects; it must have shown its ability to mobilize fresh intellectual and material resources.
- To obtain an account, candidates must first register online. Candidates must meet the qualifying conditions in order to do so.
- Only qualified applicants will get an email invitation link to access and finish the online application form after completing the registration process. The nomination letter is uploaded to the web portal by the candidates.
- After submitting their application, candidates will get an email notification. The nominating body is also notified of the candidate’s application automatically.
- The UNESCO Secretariat receives the nominated application, and the application procedure is complete.
Click Here for More Details
Deadline: February 15, 2022
Recommended for You: