Have you been in business for more than six months? Are you a resident of Africa? To enter the UN Women Africa From Passion to Profit: Video Challenge 2022, fill out the form below.
Are you between the ages of 18 and 35? Are you in charge of a climate-change-fighting company (profitable or social enterprise)?
Is your company a woman-owned business or one that promotes gender equality?
Submit a 2-minute video telling them about your fantastic business, emphasizing how you are combatting climate change and supporting gender equality!
As we reflect on the topic of “Gender Equality Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow,” UN Women, UNEP, and Microsoft Africa Development Center (MADC) are determined to ensure that the voices of young women and men entrepreneurs are engaged in the green economy in Africa are heard.
Simultaneously, ensuring that innovations and social businesses led by young women and men in Africa are shown to a large audience of prospective partners and collaborators – in order to drive lucrative climate action.
To honor this year’s International Women’s Day, UN Women and UNEP, in conjunction with MADC, are hosting a showcase event for young African women and men entrepreneurs.
The event will serve as a showcase for their work, as well as a forum for sharing ideas, experiences, and new techniques for successfully operating profitable businesses that are motivated by the need to reduce climate change or adapt to changing climates while promoting gender equality.
The program seeks to highlight the important work of young women and men in the area who are working to mitigate the region’s rising climate and environmental issues while also promoting gender equality.
It will honor up to ten African young voices from around the continent who are producing and pushing for effective, long-lasting, and revolutionary change, as well as highlighting the interdependency of gender and the environment in creating a more sustainable future for everyone.
The top ten 2-minute films will be shown at an event on March 8th, International Women’s Day, and promoted on all organizers’ social media platforms.
Requirements for the UN Women Africa From Passion to Profit
- Young people from all over the world can apply.
- English, Portuguese, French, Swahili, and Arabic are all acceptable languages for video submissions.
Tips on how to improve the chances of your video being chosen:
- Locate a quiet recording location – outside is fine if there is no traffic, construction, or wind noise.
- Verify that your device is capable of recording at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 or higher.
- To record, place your phone on a flat surface or keep it as still as possible.
- Make sure your phone is horizontal and that the light coming from the front, not the back, is hitting your face.
- Direct your gaze at the camera, speak with vigor, and express yourself!
- Show as well as tell using your imagination.
- Your video should be no longer than two minutes.
How to Apply for the UN Women Africa From Passion to Profit
If Dropbox is unavailable, you can send the file to [email protected] via WeTransfer.
To enter, please click here.
Deadline for application: February 28, 2022
Visit UN Women in Africa for more information.
Recommended for You