The UK Government GREAT Scholarships 2022-23 are now accepting applications.
Candidates from African and Asian nations who meet the criteria are encouraged to apply.
About 8 to 9 postgraduate scholarships are available for each qualifying country, support to a minimum of £10,000 for one-year postgraduate study in the UK, and are sponsored by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council alongside partnering UK higher education institutions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council/GREAT
Scholarship to be taken at: Universities in the UK (list below)
Scholarship Worth: minimum of £10,000 per awardee
Number of Awards: 8 to 9 scholarships per country per year
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: See eligible countries (below).
UK Government GREAT Scholarships Requirement
Depending on your country, the qualifying conditions for these scholarships may differ. To be considered for a scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- be a citizen of a nation that qualifies (listed below).
- hold a bachelor’s degree that qualifies you to enroll in a postgraduate (taught) program at a UK institution
- be academically capable of pursuing a postgraduate study in the United Kingdom
- engaged in the field with relevant work experience or a demonstrated interest in the topic
- fulfill the university’s English language requirements in the United Kingdom
- Other country-specific requirements must be met (details may be found on the official scholarship website – link given below).
The scholarships are available for the following countries – Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, or Thailand.
Eligible Universities in UK:
The following institutions host the UK Government GREAT Scholarships; this list is subject to change at any moment.
Please double-check the scholarship application page.
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Birmingham City University
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Bournemouth University
- Cranfield University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- Newcastle University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal Agricultural University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Teesside University
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- Ulster University
- University College London
- University of Bath
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- University of Derby
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Essex
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Greenwich
- University of Hull
- University of Kent
- University of Manchester
- University of Northampton
- University of Nottingham
- University of Reading
- University of South Wales
- University of Stirling
- University of Warwick
- University of York
Application of UK Government GREAT Scholarships
How-to-Apply: To apply for the UK Government GREAT Scholarships, the following steps are outlined;
- Filter the institutions mentioned on the ‘find a scholarship‘ page using the filters, and then click on the university page to learn more about the scholarships available.
- Individual scholarships may be applied for by following the guidelines on each university’s scholarship homepage.
- Each university has a different application deadline. Please read the institution page for specifics on each university’s deadlines.
- Individual institutions will notify successful scholars of the outcome of their applications.
- Individual institutions will provide scholarship cash to successful students once they have registered.
Application Deadline: Varies according to the host university
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: