In 2022, the UK-ASEAN Institutional Links Early-career Researchers Scheme is looking for new people to work with us.
The ILECR Scheme gives money to senior researchers from higher education institutions in the UK and its partner countries, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand. The money is used to start new projects.
For a year, the senior researchers will lead a team of early-career researchers from the UK and other countries who are interested in the Indo-Pacific Tilt and other goals.
All of the projects that get money from the government are supposed to support research and translation partnerships between the UK and the institutions in the countries where they’re being done.
They also have to make a new research impact in certain areas, while giving early-career researchers more knowledge, experience, and skills in research and translation.
Areas of study
They are only interested in proposals from the above four countries for interdisciplinary projects on the following themes.
- People in Singapore and Malaysia are interested in AI and cybersecurity.
- Brunei, Thailand, and AgriTech:
For four countries, there’s a total of £250,000 that can be used. The money comes from the country partner’s institutions.
Two grants for Singapore, one for Brunei, one for Malaysia, and one for Thailand are going to be given to each of them.
UK-ASEAN Institutional Links Early-career Researchers Scheme Requirements
- There must be a Principal Applicant from a UK institution and a Principal Applicant from a partner country’s institution in charge of each project.
- They will only allow one application from each Principal Applicant, from either country, at a time.
- In order to apply for a job as a Principal Applicant, you must be a “Leading Researcher” or “Established Researcher.”
- Early Career Researchers (ECRs) from the United Kingdom and the partner country must be planned out by the Principal Applicants before they apply for funding.
- They must know their roles in the project, how long it will last, and what it will achieve.
- The ECRs must have a Ph.D. or some other kind of research experience.
How to apply UK-ASEAN Institutional Links Early-career Researchers Scheme
People who want to apply for a job must download and read the guidelines document in full before they start.
In order to learn more about this, go to the ILECR Scheme
Deadline: January 14, 2021
Recommeded for you: