For the academic year 2022, the World Academy of Sciences is accepting applications for the TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme for International PhD Students in Italy.
Through research, education, policy, and diplomacy, TWAS promotes long-term prosperity.
TWAS established this Joint Associateship Scheme in partnership with UNESCO and a number of South-based centers of excellence to allow competent researchers from the South to visit these centers on a regular basis.
An associate is hired for three years, during which time he or she is allowed to visit a Center twice for research cooperation.
Worth of Award
- The Associateship includes travel costs as well as a monthly donation of USD300 for incidental local expenditures.
- The host center pays for lodging and meals, as well as provides research facilities.
RELATED: Doris Smith Scholarship 2022: Requirements, How to Apply, and Deadline
TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme Requirements
- Applicants must have a PhD or an equivalent degree to be considered.
- Associate assignments are made on the basis of merit and are very competitive.
- Scientists from remote institutions in impoverished nations are given special attention.
- Women scientists are urged to apply in particular.
How to Apply for TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme
Applicants must submit an online application by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page.
Applicants must additionally submit the following documents when completing the online application:
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport (page containing the applicant’s name and surname), even if it is expired;
- Head of Home Institution’s expression of support;
- The curriculum vitae of the candidate (no more than 4 pages);
- A complete list of the applicant’s publications;
- Two letters of reference from two different referees, one of whom should be a foreign expert;
- A recent invitation letter – on letterhead paper from the host institution It should include the intended visit dates (two to three months for each visit) as well as the suggested collaboration. It should be clear that the applicant and the intended host have discussed the scientific work to be done during the visit and that the conditions for carrying out the work have been agreed upon in terms of the visit’s time and available facilities.
TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme deadline
Deadline: December 15, 2021.
Click Here for More Details