International students are encouraged to apply for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program in the United States of America for the academic year 2022/23, which is made possible by the assistance of the United States Department of State and implemented by IREX.
By educating a network of students with vital skills to drive good change in their professional sectors and communities, the scholarship program strives to support economic growth, stability, and democratic progress.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): United States Department of State
Scholarship Type: Not specified
Host Institution(s): Institutions in USA
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Thomas Jefferson Scholarship program | Details
The scholarship allows higher education institutions in the United States to host overseas undergraduate students.
This is due to the fact that international students are renowned to provide a plethora of ideas, expertise, and experiences to their host schools.
These students enhance mutual understanding and respect, as well as cultural interchange, in addition to presenting institutions with varied viewpoints.
- Support for J-1 visas
- Travel from the student’s home city to the host university in the United States on a round-trip basis.
- Coverage for accidents and illnesses
- Tuition and university fees
- Board and lodging (housing and meals)
- A little stipend for miscellaneous expenses
- A limited budget for books
- A limited allowance for cultural enrichment programs.
- Opportunities for alumni networking
Requirements for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship program
- Applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be considered for the scholarship:
- You must be an international undergraduate student enrolled full-time.
- To be eligible for the program, you must be accepted into an accredited institution of higher education in the United States of America.
- Be willing to volunteer in their host community for at least 20 hours throughout their first semester.
- Demonstrate excellence in both academics and leadership.
How to Apply for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship program
Applicants for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program 2022 should fill out an online application and submit all required documentation before the deadline.
Deadline for applications: March 4, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
For more information, go to the official website.
Recommended for You