The Petroleum Development Fund scholarship is yet another scholarship in Nigeria for undergraduate, masters, and P.hD. students.
If you are currently enrolled in any institution in Nigeria then you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
However, The scholarship award is open for all Nigerian student so it is always competitive.
Students in colleges of Education, polytechnics, and universities in Nigeria are as well eligible to apply except part-time and monotechnic students.
Nevertheless, The Petroleum Development Fund (PDF) is a foundation that aims at educating Nigerian citizens.
Their major focus is on Nigerian students with low financial capability and from a low-income background.
Besides, the scholarship is offered yearly to Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. students in Nigeria.
As a student seeking a fully-funded scholarship from any organization.
You are eligible to apply for the Petroleum Development Fund (PDF).
What you need to know is that the scholarship offer is only to be taken in Nigerian colleges of Education, polytechnic and universities.
Another important factor is that the scholarship offer is open for both Nigerian and international students.
You must be willing to study in Nigeria if you are an international student.
What is the Scholarship worth?
As a student in college of Education, polytechnic or University in Nigeria.
Your scholarship award offer is different between the eligible institutions in Nigeria.
- College of Education students will be awarded ₦100,000 Annually.
- Polytechic students will be awarded ₦150,000 Annually.
- Undergraduate university students will be awarded ₦200,000 Annually.
- While Masters and P.hD. students will be awarded ₦300,000 Annually.
This money is paid to you for the duration of your study.
Who are not eligible for this Scholarship?
If you know that your education documents are not authentic then you are not eligible.
Besides, You may seem to wonder if there is still a student with fake and forge education documents.
The answer is yes!
The Petroleum Development Fund (PDF) scholarship is not meant for those types of students.
Other types of students who are not eligible for this scholarship are part-time students.
Sorry if you happen to find yourself among this list of students but you are not eligible.
Who are eligible for the Petroleum Development Fund Scholarship award?
For you to be eligible for the petroleum development fund scholarship award.
You must meet the following requirements;
- Be a full-time student;
- Letter of admission into the college of Education, polytechnic or University;
- You must have been admitted into the degree at the time of your application.
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate or Letter of exemption; (for masters and P.hD. candidate)
- Applicants must be computer literate;
- Proof of state of origin and local government origin;
- Recent passport photograph
What are the Eligible Course?
All courses offered in the Nigerian colleges of Education, Polytechnics, and Universities are eligible to apply.
If your course is not accredited for your institution, this will affect your scholarship offer.
However, if you are enrolled in a part-time or distance learning course.
You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship award.
Here are some courses which are eligible to apply:
How to apply for Petroleum Development Fund scholarship
To apply for the Petroleum Development Fund (PDF) scholarship.
You can follow this simple step by step guides.
- First, access the Online application portal through https://www.pdfscholarship.eu/
- Create an account.
- Continue to Fill in your bio-data;
- Proceed to provide your details and bank details in the form that will be provided so as to activate your account.
- Upload all the required documents (see list required document below)
- Click to submit information.
- Follow all other instructions.
- Wait for your application to be reviewed. This usually takes not more than 48hrs.
- Once your application has been reviewed and confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent to you, confirming your Application and the stated date for the aptitude test.
What are the documents I need to upload?
Here is the list of documents you are required to upload for the college of education, polytechnic and undergraduate university applicants.
- Evidence of statement of WAEC/SSCE/NECO results
- Letter of admission into the College of Education
- Evidence of state of origin and local government origin
- Recent passport photograph
For the masters and P.hD. applicants, your document to upload are different.
Here is the list of documents you are required to upload for masters and P.hD. applicants.
- Bachelor Degree Certificates or Statement of Results;
- NYSC Certificate or letter of exemption;
- Your O, Level certificate;
- Admission Letter;
- State and Local Government Identification Letters;
- Recent Passport Photograph;
Please, do ensure the name used in the application form matches the names on all documents.
How is the aptitude test conducted?.
If you are selected for the aptitude test then you need to know this.
The aptitude test for the petroleum Development Fund Scholarship will hold from November 4th through November 16.
The time for the apptitude test is from 8:00am to 6:00pm each day.
However, there is no special venue for the scholarship aptitude test which means that the test is conducted online.
All you need to participate in the aptitude test is any device capable of access the online test portal.
Moreover, you can use your Android phones, Tablets/iPad, Pcs/laptops or desktop computers to take your test.
When is the Application Deadline?
The application deadline for the petroleum Development Fund Scholarship is 30th October.
For now, the application portal is not yet open for the 2020/2021 application session.
We will inform you on this page when the offer is open.
You can subscribe to our email list below and we will send you an email when the scholarship is open.