The Technovators for Social Good Scholarship to Attend the One Young World Summit 2022 is now accepting applications.
One Young Realm has joined the world of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) to raise funds for scholarships for young women working in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
One Young World launched the first-ever NFT campaign in collaboration with critically acclaimed NFT artist and One Young World Ambassador Soy Fira to create and sell a unique series of NFT artworks, the proceeds of which will fund a young leader from around the world to attend the upcoming One Young World 2022 Summit in Manchester, United Kingdom. This sponsored young leader will take part in four days of inspiring talks, panels, networking events, and workshops.
Soy Fira is a civil engineer and NFT artist from Colombia. She is also the co-founder of Latin America’s biggest NFT telegram group, which brings together over 1,500 artists and collectors. She has worked with Vogue on paintings for International Women’s Day, and one of her works has traveled into space alongside Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.
She hopes to empower women in STEM and reduce the gender gap in this field via her partnership and campaign. Soy Fira, an engineer by training and an artist by profession, uses technology to connect and develop bridges between people.
The scholarship includes the following benefits:
- Access to the Manchester-hosted One Young World Summit in 2022;
- Accommodation in a separate room in a hotel between the ages of 5 and 8 (inclusive) 2022; September
- The cost of travel to and from Manchester (economy class); the cost of domestic transit to the airport for an international trip (economy class).
- Expenses associated with obtaining a visa, if applicable;
- Transportation from the Summit lodging to the Summit venue;
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner catering (supplied by the hotel and available throughout the Summit);
- In the plenary sessions, welcome and closing events, translation services from English to Spanish are provided.
Requirements for the Technovators for Social Good Scholarship
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2022, which will be held in Manchester from September 5 to 8, 2022.
- Developing and implementing creative and effective efforts to increase women’s access to and opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- The following criteria will be used to assess candidates:
- Demonstrate a dedication to the communities or territories to which they belong, as well as the possible advantages to those communities or territories.
- The efforts in which he/she leads or participates are relevant.
- Capacity for leadership has been shown.
- In their neighborhood or regions, they should address important local and/or global concerns.
- Have a track record of coming up with new and powerful ideas.
- One Young World is motivating me to participate.
How to Apply for the Technovators for Social Good Scholarship
Deadline for applications: June 5, 2022. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
To apply, go to this link.
Visit Technovators for Social Good Scholarship for more details.
Recommended for You