The Swiss Re Foundation Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award 2022 is currently accepting applications.
Entrepreneurial projects that use creative ways to build resilient societies in accordance with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals are recognized by the Swiss Re Foundation Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award.
They want to promote innovative solutions that enhance financial access to healthcare in low-income areas in the 2022 award cycle.
An enterprise must employ a business-minded strategy to raise the resources available to families to pay for healthcare or lower the risk of long-term economic vulnerability or poverty after an illness or injury to be eligible for the prize.
- The three finalists will get a total of $700,000 in funding. This sum is split between the winner (who might get up to USD $350,000) and the two runners-up and is paid out over two to three years in installments.
- Non-financial assistance, such as coaching and technical guidance from Swiss Re personnel and specialists, customized to the requirements of each finalist
- The People’s Choice Award is given to the best film of the year. The entire audience is asked to cast their votes for their favorite finalist. A special reward is awarded to the person who earns the most votes.
Swiss Re Foundation Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award Requirements
- Applicants must have a clear social mission and use business mechanisms to attain long-term viability and scalability.
- At least 30% of the persons serviced by applicants must originate from low-income or extremely low-income neighborhoods. Applicants must have a thorough awareness of the needs of the individuals they serve (e.g. barriers to using financial instruments to better manage their healthcare).
- Applicants must work in countries classified by the World Bank as low-income and/or lower-middle-income.
- Applicants must be officially recognized, serve at least 20 000 people, and have the potential to reach at least 200 000 people in the next three years. They should also be on a clear road to financial sustainability, but they still need grants (or other forms of assistance) to strengthen their business model, serve low-income families, and/or achieve complete financial sustainability.
- Applicants must demonstrate high levels of innovation in their product, service, and/or delivery, as well as a willingness to employ digital technology to offer value to disadvantaged groups on a large scale.
- Applicants must describe how their solution will benefit their target beneficiaries and the larger ecosystem in which they operate in their application, clearly outlining the results expected in the following two years. The best candidates will be able to show significant levels of social effect and, ideally, be able to assess it accurately.
- Applicants must abide by the legal framework of the nation or countries in which they operate and are registered, as well as be permitted to receive grant financing from a Swiss non-governmental organization like the Swiss Re Foundation.
Application for Swiss Re Foundation Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award
- The online questionnaire must be completed by January 13, 2022, at 23:59 CET.
- Only submissions that are submitted in English and before the deadline will be taken into consideration.
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 13, 2022
Recommended for You: