Starting in September 2022, the Stuart Hall Foundation PhD Studentship at the University of Manchester is available via the School of Social Sciences.
The scholarship may be used in any of the School of Social Sciences’ eight departments.
The award winner is required to work in an interdisciplinary field related to one of Stuart Hall’s numerous areas of interest, such as cultural studies, race, ethnicity, and inequality.
The Stuart Hall Foundation, inspired by Professor Stuart Hall’s life and work, aims to assist future generations of creative thinkers and stimulate unique thought, discussion, and research.
The Foundation aims to disrupt the established quo by illuminating linkages between politics, culture, and society.
Worth of Award
- Fees for three years of tuition
- An annual maintenance stipend (£15, 285 in 2020/1, precise figure to be confirmed by UKRI in 2021/22)
Stuart Hall Foundation PhD Studentship Requirements
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Social Anthropology
- Social Statistics
- Applicants should have a minimum of a First Class or Upper Second Class Bachelor’s Honours UK degree and/or a Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) with a minimum overall average of 65 percent (including 65 percent in the dissertation and no mark below 55 percent) in a social science topic.
- All nationalities are eligible for this award.
- Before applying for this award, applicants must have received an offer of study at The University of Manchester.
How to Apply for Stuart Hall Foundation PhD Studentship
Applicants for the Stuart Hall Foundation PhD Studentship at the University of Manchester in the United Kingdom must first complete an online PhD application by the deadlines listed below:
- 1 December – Politics, Sociology, Social Anthropology, Social Statistics, Law, Criminology
- 7 January – Economics
- 10 January – Philosophy
- To be considered for the Stuart Hall Studentship, candidates must also submit a separate studentship application form
Deadline: The deadline for Stuart Hall Foundation PhD Studentship at the University of Manchester in the UK is on March 1, 2022, for submission of Stuart Hall Studentship PhD Studentship at University of Manchesterapplication form after a successful PhD application.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: