The University of Sussex in the UK invites applications for the Stuart Hall Foundation PhD Scholarships CHASE AHRC studentships for BAME Arts and Humanities Researchers in the 2022/2023 academic session.
The CHASE consortium is pleased to announce a new relationship with the Stuart Hall Foundation (SHF), which will fund at least two studentships each year for Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic individuals to pursue PhD research in the Arts and Humanities.
Successful recipients will benefit from collaborating with SHF to improve their career and research profile, in addition to the regular perks of a CHASE studentship.
Post holders will have access to the Stuart Hall Foundation’s resources and networks, including an annual conference of Foundation Fellows and unique access to SHF’s initiatives.
Worth of Award
- PhD studentships include tuition (international or UK level), a tax-free maintenance stipend (currently £15,609), and support money (for e.g. conferences, placements, research travel, training courses)
Stuart Hall Foundation PhD Scholarships Requirements
There are two requirements for participation:
- Only applicants from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic backgrounds are eligible for the Stuart Hall Foundation Scholarships.
- Your PhD project must be in line with the Foundation’s goals.
According to UKRI student eligibility guidelines, CHASE AHRC studentships are accessible to UK and Overseas/International students.
Overseas students may account for up to 30% of each cohort of pupils.
As a result, we are now able to provide a limited number of foreign studentship grants, which include a stipend and full reimbursement of international expenses.
How to Apply for Stuart Hall Foundation PhD Scholarships
- You must first apply for a seat on a PhD degree at the University of Sussex before applying for an SHF CHASE studentship. After that, you’ll be able to ask for a connection to the CHASE application form.
- To be eligible for the SHF scholarship, you must submit a brief statement (up to 200 words) on the CHASE application form stating how your project aligns with the Stuart Hall Foundation’s objective.
Deadline: The deadline for the Sussex PhD application is December 17th, 2021 and the deadline for the CHASE scholarship application including the SHF statement is January 28th, 2022.
Click Here for More Details
Recommend for You: