The Chatham House Stavros Niarchos Foundation Academy Fellowship 2022-2023 is now accepting applications for the Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is collaborating on this fellowship. It provides a chance for applicants in their early to mid-career to spend ten months at Chatham House working on an independent research subject of their choice.
Fellows participate in the Institute’s core activities while also improving their leadership abilities and expanding their professional network in the area of international affairs via the Institute’s leadership program.
Between October 2022 and July 2023, Academy Fellows will spend ten months at Chatham House. The fellow will be stationed at Chatham House in London full-time. However, in accordance with safe Covid-19 working practices, working patterns will be flexible, and certain sections of the program may be conducted online.
The fellow will be paid a £2,365 monthly stipend to cover basic living expenditures in London, such as housing, utilities, food, transportation, and other necessities.
The Academy will cover expenses such as relocation, visas, and payment of the UK’s Immigration Healthcare Surcharge, which allows candidates access to the UK National Health Service (Note: candidates may be required to pay for dental and optical treatments, as well as medicines prescribed by a doctor), fieldwork and travel, research activities, and possible publication.
Stavros Niarchos Foundation Academy Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
- Citizens of Greece are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Applicants with dual nationality, including Greek nationality, will also be considered.
- Applicants must have a completed BA degree or equivalent, as well as research experience.
- The ideal applicant will be in their early to mid-career and will come from one of the following sectors or occupations: academia, non-governmental organizations, business, government agencies, civil society, or the media. All candidates should be familiar with international politics, their chosen field of study, and Chatham House’s purpose and research, as well as have an interest in them.
- Applicants are not restricted by their age.
- Because fellows are required to work full-time to complete their fellowship, it is not practical to pursue a fellowship while working or studying.
- Comply with all nationality criteria
- A full BA degree or equivalent is required.
- Experience performing research on your own
- Leadership potential or proven leadership experience
- Chatham House values are important to us.
- Ability to benefit from the fellowship’s wide and inclusive character
- The project proposal demonstrates the relevance and clarity of the proposed research endeavor.
- Background experience that is relevant, as shown by the curriculum vitae
- Demonstrate your skills to communicate in English.
- Motivation for applying for the fellowship
- A post-fellowship plan that outlines how the applicant will put their research, skills, and expertise to use after their fellowship.
How to Apply for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Academy Fellowship
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline: April 25, 2022
Visit Chatham House for more information.
Recommended for You