This is to inform you that the Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship for undergraduate students in Nigeria is ongoing.
However, the scholarship portal will be open from September 1st through October 24th.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship.
This article will tell you a bit more information.
The main aim of Stanbic IBTC is to support the Nigerian youth dream and build then with an innovative career path.
Moreover, they have been doing something else like this one in the past years.
During the past years, Stanbic IBTC has supported youth through various activities.
For example The Youth Leadership Series (YLS), Higher Institution Football League (HIFL), and many more.
Some of those initiatives and foundation programs were to prepare Nigerian youth for a greater future.
But this year, they have chosen to do something else more attractive by investing in university students in Nigeria.
Besides, the real aim of this Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship is to encourage students with academic excellence in achieving their dream goals.
Focus mostly on financially challenging candidates from the 31 states in Nigeria.
To be a participant of the Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship 2022, the candidate has to meet the eligibility requirements set by the board.
Some of these eligibility requirements state that:
You must be an undergraduate student who has been admitted to any Nigerian university.
But could that be all?
There is more information about the Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship which will be discussed on this page.
To participate in the Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship scheme.
You must have written the 2022 JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Not only that, the scholarship board expects you to score more than 200 in the just concluded examination.
See more eligibility requirements down below.
Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship Requirements.
Here are the Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship eligibility requirements for interested applicants;
- You must be Nigerian citizens.
- Have written the 2022 JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- You are expected to have scored over 200 in your jamb result.
- The applicant must have been admitted before submitting his/her application.
- Only students in Nigerian State and federal universities are eligible.
The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship scheme is for all Nigerian students.
All that you need to do is, check whether you have met all the above-listed eligible requirements.
That means you must be a Nigerian student which has written the 2022 JAMB UTME and scored above 200.
Not only that, your choice of institution must be either a Federal or State university.
However, your choice of institution must have offered you admission before you can be offered the scholarship award.
Check Out: Scholarships in Canada
The scholarship worth is a full paid offer for 4 years but it’s not certain.
This is because each participant needs to Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of the second class upper.
Where the student fails to maintain at least 3.5 in a CGPA system of 5 points or its equivalents.
Then your scholarship offer will be terminated.
Each successful student will receive a scholarship fee at the beginning of each academic year.
Check Out: Scholarships In Nigeria
How to Apply for the Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship 2022.
To participate in the Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship scheme, the applicant must follow these steps by step procedures.
- Visit the Scholarship portal on http://bit.ly/StanbicIBTCScholarship
- Fill in the Online Form with all your required information.
- Scanned and upload your proof of origin (Certificate of Local Government Origin)
- Attached your JAMB Result.
- Submit your Jamb reg, number, and choice of institutions.
- After you must have submitted all the required documents, then click on the submit button.
- Your next step is to wait for the board to contact you via email.
- The participant will only be notified through email.
- The applicant is not advisable to submit more than one application.
Apply For: NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship In Nigeria.
How will Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship do it selection?
The scholarship board has made it known to the public that the scholarship fee will be awarded to only 100 applicants.
However, the ward will be based on a first-come, first-serve basis until the 100 slots are allocated.
Each state in the 36 States of the federation and FCT will have a minimum of 2 selected applicants for the award.
However, it doesn’t mean that some states with no successful applicants will be ignored.
Besides, all applicants are expected to have met the above-listed scholarship offer and be guided with the instructions.
Participants are mandated to use only the email he/she has access to constantly.
This is because you will only be contacted via email and they will be no phone calls.
Moreover, a student that spots himself in any “Future of work” courses will be given an additional advantage over others.
Some of the “Future of work” courses include; Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, IT, and so on.
If you apply more than once (that is multiple times), then you will only be selected from one application.
Nevertheless, Stanbic IBTC bank has the final word for this scholarship scheme and their decision is unchangeable.
How will I know If I’m Selected?
You will be contacted via email about your successfully winning the scholarship award.
But you need to make another move towards accepting the offer.
In the email you will receive, the Stanbic IBTC bank will include the terms and conditions of your scholarship award.
Other documents will also be attached to the email in which you are to read and accept the Stanbic IBTC University scholarship award.
By accepting this Scholarship from Stanbic IBTC, it’s understood that you have read and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Any Successful participant aged below 18 years old is to allow their parent or guardian to read and approve the consent to these terms and conditions.
- Successful applicants will receive an email to confirm the outcome of their application and they will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide
- The email received from a Stanbic IBTC authorized email will detail the scholarship benefits, payment timing, and other important information as required
- They will then receive other documents and forms which they will be asked to fill, sign and return, to confirm that they agree to the terms and conditions as stated herein
- If Successful Applicants do not wish to accept the scholarship they have been offered, they should advise us immediately by sending an email to [email protected]
- Failure to accept the scholarship offer within the period specified in the notifying email will result in forfeiture of the offer
- Successful Applicants will be required to open a Stanbic IBTC Education Trust account and Stanbic IBTC bank account for payment of the Scholarship fund
- Successful Applicants may be required to provide additional evidence via a link that would be provided to them or via a Stanbic IBTC authorized email. The additional evidence will include providing the admission letter from the admitting University.
Retention of Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship
For you to retain your scholarship, the successful participant must:
- Maintain an enrolled status in their respective Universities in the degree programme they were admitted for
- Adhere to the academic and administrative policies of the University and annually provide a Letter of good conduct issued by their respective department
- Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of the second class upper (a CGPA of at least 3.5 in a CGPA system of 5 points, at least 3.0 in a CGPA system of 4 points, at least 4.6 in a CGPA system of 7 points). Evidence of the same must be provided at the beginning of every academic year before scholarship payment can be made.
- Meet any other additional criteria which would be communicated to you through email
- At the end of each academic year for the duration of your scholarship, you will be asked to provide a report detailing how the scholarship funds have been spent. It is the responsibility of the Successful applicant to provide this report at the specified time advised by Stanbic IBTC. Failure to return reports by the specified time, without reason, may result in future payments being withheld.
- Kindly note that the successful applicants would be entitled to this Scholarship for a total period of Four (4) years from the day of acceptance, notwithstanding the length of the degree programme. The Scholarship shall be paid at the beginning of every academic year subject to the terms and conditions contained herein.
How will the Scholarship be Terminated?
Stanbic IBTC may terminate your scholarship if:
- You withdraw or transfer from your programme of study,
- The candidate that is suspended or excluded from the whole or part of the University or your programme.
- Have been expelled from the University.
- You have made any misrepresentation (whether negligently or intentionally) to us either in respect of applying for the Scholarship or during the course of and in connection with your studies at the University
- Acted fraudulently or dishonestly in connection with securing your Scholarship or place at the University.
- If your scholarship is terminated, you will not receive any further payments. You may be required to repay some or all of the scholarship funds received by you where your termination relates to.
Candidates are welcome to participate in the Scholarship from 01 September to 24 October.
However, due to the situation in the country, Stanbic IBTC has extended the deadline to 31 December.
No application from any candidate shall be accepted after the portal deadline.
For more information, kindly visit the official scholarship website for more details or by emailing: [email protected]