For the academic year 2022/23, the Kochi University of Technology is accepting applications for the Special Scholarship Program (SSP) for International Students in Japan.
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 to encourage highly capable doctoral students to contribute to the advancement of advanced research at the university.
This program is for those who are committed to spending the entire three years working on their research projects. As a result, they will gain in-depth knowledge, skill, and the ability to become full-fledged researchers, with the goal of meeting degree requirements.
Worth of Scholarship
It may be of interest to you to know that the scholarship offers
- The entrance test price of 30,000 yen, enrollment charge of 300,000 yen, and an annual tuition fee of 535,800 yen are waived.
- 150,000 yen per month as a wage for research project labor to cover living costs.
- 150,000 yen was set aside for travel and living expenses (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan).
In the same way, the following support systems will be available:
- A native English professor teaches a technical writing and research writing class to first and second-year doctoral students.
- Daily conversation and grammar classes in Japanese were provided.
- Tutors can help new international students with academic and everyday issues.
- Seasonally, a variety of Japanese cultural events are available.
- For foreign students, assistance in locating single housing is available.
- Requirements for the
- Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered eligible:
- obtain approval to apply for the applicant’s selected SSP project from the project leader.
- After 18 years of schooling, have a degree from an approved institution equivalent to the master’s degree offered at KUT, or be scheduled to get such a degree before the KUT enrollment date.
- be under the age of 35 at the time of enrolment
- hold good bachelor’s and master’s degrees from respected colleges and have great academic records
- have the desire to participate in the research project, as well as the necessary knowledge and research skills. They must also have excellent English skills.
How to Apply for the Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology
Please submit the following papers to apply for the Special Scholarship Program:
- A copy of an email or other notification from the leader of your desired project indicating that you have been granted permission to apply for that SSP project.
- Pre-application request signed
- Academic transcript for a bachelor’s degree
- Outline your research
- Academic transcript for a master’s degree
- Master’s degree certificate in its original form
- a copy of your English-language master’s thesis
- Two signed letters of recommendation in English or Japanese
- Original certificate of health in English or Japanese issued within the past 6 months
- TOEFL iBT72 (Writing 17), IELTS5.5 (Writing 5.5), CET-6, or WSK with a minimum score of TOEFL iBT72 (Writing 17), IELTS5.5 (Writing 5.5), CET-6, or WSK.
- Rank certificate
- Printed copies of your previous publications
- Copy of your passport or other forms of identification, such as your citizenship certificate or birth certificate.
Deadline: September 16, 2022.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You