The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Media Awards 2022 is already accepting applications.
The SADC Council of Ministers authorized the creation of the SADC Media Awards to honor the region’s greatest media efforts.
The SADC Secretariat has been organizing the Media Awards since 1996 to encourage the media in the region to take a leadership role in spreading information about SADC in order to help the regional integration and co-operation process.
The following categories are open for submissions:
- Features/articles published in newspapers, newsletters, websites, and magazines are classified as print journalism.
- Submissions for print journalism should be no more than 100 words long and no more than 2000 words long.
- Radio journalism is a kind of journalism that consists of broadcast information.
- The length of radio journalism broadcast content should be between 1 (one) minute and 30 (thirty) minutes. All broadcast content should be sent on a CD or USB drive. For translation reasons, the submissions should be supported with an electronic transcript in word format.
- Television journalism is a kind of journalism that consists of broadcast content.
- Broadcast content should be one minute long at the most and forty-five minutes long at the most. All broadcast content should be sent on a CD or USB drive. For translation reasons, the submissions should be supported with an electronic transcript in word format.
- Photojournalism: a collection of captioned photographs that have been published;
- One (1) picture or a pictorial spread of no more than twenty (20) photographs published in one issue/edition is required for photographic submissions. Each contribution must include a copy of the original newspaper in which the photo(s) appeared.
- The first prize winner in each category receives US$2,500 and the runner-up receives US$1,000.
Southern African Development Community Media Awards Requirement
- Journalists from SADC member states are welcome to apply.
- The submissions must have been published/broadcast by a registered and/or approved media house or agency or carried on a website of a registered and/or authorized media house or agency in any of the SADC Member States between January and December of the year before the awards (2021).
- The competition’s submissions must focus on topics and activities that promote regional integration in the SADC area, such as infrastructure, economics, water, culture, sports, agriculture, and so on.
- The competition is open to all SADC national media practitioners, with the exception of those employed by SADC-accredited institutions and SADC Secretariat personnel.
- All works submitted for the competition must be written in one of the SADC working languages, namely English, Portuguese, French, or any national indigenous language of the SADC region, and must be accompanied by a transcript written in one of the three SADC working languages, namely English, French, or Portuguese. These should be published or disseminated (e.g., newspaper clippings, websites, magazines, audio CDs, USB drives, and newsletters);
Application for Southern African Development Community Media Awards
Completed forms, with all required information, typed in must be submitted to the SNMCs within the Member States by February 28, 2022.
Download the entry form in:
Scholarship Deadline: February 28, 2022
For Information: Visit this Page
Recommended for You: