The South African Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2022/23 is accepting applications from sufficiently qualified individuals to provide funds to South African graduates wishing to pursue postgraduate studies at a US institution.
Students are chosen through a thorough application and interview process and get extensive assistance, including visa processing and health insurance, as well as a complete pre-departure orientation and re-entry session.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): U.S. Embassy & Consulates in South Africa
Scholarship Type: Full funding
Host Institution(s): Universities in the USA
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters and PhD
Nationality: South Africans
South African Fulbright Foreign Student Program | Details
The program allows South African students to pursue post-graduate studies in any field at a US institution, with the exception of MBA and programs that involve patient interaction.
There are many possibilities available, including one year of research in a U.S. university for South African Ph.D. candidates enrolled at a South African university.
As a Visiting Student Researcher (VSR) at the university and post-graduate candidates have the possibility to apply for grants for Masters or Ph.D. degrees.
South African Fulbright Foreign Student Program | Eligibility Criteria
- Be a South African citizen or a permanent resident who has lived in South Africa for at least five years.
- Ph.D. research (VSR) candidates must be enrolled as a Ph.D. student at a South African institution in order to spend an academic year doing research linked to their studies in the United States. At the time you begin your study in the United States, you should be enrolled as a Ph.D. student at a South African university.
- Applicants for a master’s degree must have a relevant bachelor’s degree from a respected institution of higher learning.
- An appropriate master’s degree from a reputed institution of higher learning is required for doctoral candidates.
- Have a suitable degree of English proficiency to pursue graduate studies in the United States.
- Be very motivated and dedicated to returning to South Africa following the program.
Demonstrate your ability to lead.
- Be able to get the required minimum scores on standardized examinations like the GRE and TOEFL.
How to Apply
By the application deadline, interested candidates for the South African Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2022 must submit an online application.
- Documents required:
- Certificate of graduation(s)
- An explanation document for your university’s grading system.
Note that all transcripts and certificates must be written in English.
Deadline for applications: May 1, 2022.
For further information, go to the official website.
Recommended for You