Applications are currently open for the Social Science Research Council Fellowship in the USA in 2022.
The Fair Tech Fellowship helps scholars and practitioners explore and construct more just, egalitarian, and representational technology futures by supporting and mobilizing diverse and cross-sector cohorts.
Fellows will identify and question social, political, and economic inequalities caused by new technologies, as well as propose solutions that promote social, political, and economic rights.
Worth of Award for Social Science Research Council Fellowship
Fellows are awarded two-year grants of $100,000 each.
supplemental funding packages to cover unexpected costs, as well as seed cash to collaborate on joint projects with other Just Tech Fellows.
The fellowship will give the space and time for in-depth thought, as well as a supportive community and possibilities for ambitious co-creation.
RELATED: UNESCO Internship Programme for young Professionals 2022
- Applicants must have either a bachelor’s degree in the arts, fine arts, or sciences, or a track record of accomplishment in their respective disciplines.
- Although residents of any nation may apply, fellows are required to live in the United States for the duration of their fellowship.
- The SSRC will not sponsor visas and will not be shown on visa applications as an associate or sponsor. Please consult the US State Department for further information on visa requirements.
How to Apply for the Social Science Research Council Fellowship
The complete list of application materials includes:
- Three pages maximum (saved as a PDF file). Applicants will also be able to provide a link to their personal websites via the application portal.
- A personal statement of up to 500 words (written) or four (4) minutes (video) in textual or recorded form (video).
- a brief proposal for a project that addresses the nexus of technology and social justice.
- up to two (2) relevant work samples The application site allows you to connect or submit visual and audio samples.
Deadline: Expressions of Interest for the Social Science Research Council Just Tech Fellowship are due by January 2, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
For More Information Click Here