Apply now for the Salzburg Global Seminar communications internship!
In 2022, are you looking for an internship? Now is the time to apply for an internship at Salzburg Global Seminar!
They are looking for a recent journalism school graduate who is enthusiastic about writing stories in order to capture the effect of our initiatives and to join a small but active Public Affairs Team.
Do you want to contribute to making the world a better place?
Are you eager to apply what you’ve learned in class and obtain real-world knowledge and skills?
Do you wish to work in an inspirational atmosphere with an international team? Don’t wait any longer.
About the Internship
The Communications Interns’ main responsibility is to create captivating written and multimedia material for the Salzburg Global Seminar website, print publications, social media platforms, and external media partners to convey compelling stories about the effect of Salzburg Global Seminar’s programs.
As Salzburg Global celebrates its 75th anniversary in 2022, much of our communications effort will concentrate on both our long history and present projects.
Every Salzburg Global program is supported by the Communications Team, which ensures that our interns are exposed to a diverse range of subjects and experts, allowing them to broaden their knowledge and network.
The Communications Intern will help with various internal and external communications as part of a small and busy team, offering them exposure beyond journalistic writing and across all of the communications output expected of a charity.
- For SalzburgGlobal.org, I’ve written both short, quick-turnaround program reports and extended, in-depth interviews and features.
- Researching and writing about Salzburg Global Seminar’s 75-year history, programs, and Fellows for inclusion in 75th Anniversary materials such as Clemens magazine, a dedicated website, podcast, and other publications. Conducting interviews with SalzburgGlobal.org Fellows and Donors
- Creating content for Salzburg Global’s digital and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Creating press announcements and mailings for recruiting
- Maintaining the libraries of digital assets and publications, as well as aiding with global mailing distribution
- Assisting with administration and alumni engagement.
- Assisting the Public Affairs team with general administrative tasks
Benefits of Salzburg Global Seminar Communications Internship
The internship is full-time for three months.
The position is unpaid, but the successful candidate will be provided with free on-site accommodation at Schloss Leopoldskron, all meals and a return ticket for their country of residence, as well as excellent networking opportunities with the international participants of their programs.
Salzburg Global Seminar Communications Internship Requirements
- zeal for the Salzburg Global Seminar’s purpose
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or extensive journalistic work experience outside of their studies, such as with a student newspaper, is required.
- Working in the media, especially in online and/or features writing, is a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail; native or comparable fluency in written and spoken English
- During the internship, demonstrate understanding of international affairs and/or other areas covered by Salzburg Global Seminar’s programs.
- Excellent IT abilities are necessary, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); expertise with Google Drive, Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop), online CMS, and multimedia editing is also highly desired.
- A positive attitude, the capacity to multi-task, and a willingness to work flexible hours in accordance with program/project requirements are all required.
- Confidence and ease talking with individuals at various levels of seniority, over a variety of channels, and with persons from various cultural and professional backgrounds
German language skills are not required.
Application for Salzburg Global Seminar Communications Internship
Please apply via the online application form. You will need to upload the following:
- Three samples of your communications work, including long-form writing and multimedia (attachments and/or links are acceptable)
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 27, 2022
Recommended for You: