If you need a scholarship, here are the Romanian Government Scholarships available, 2022–2023: Do you want to study in Romania on a full scholarship?
You may now apply for Government of Romania scholarships for foreign nationals if you are a foreign student from anywhere in the world (excluding EU member nations).
The scholarships provide complete funding for excellent students to pursue their studies.
Based on H.G. 288/1993, the Romanian state offers foreign residents scholarships via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The scholarships are available for undergraduate and postgraduate study to foreign nationals from countries that are not members of the European Union.
See the approach, calendar, and list of participating institutions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Romania.
Scholarships to be taken at Selected institutions in Romania.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Not Stated.
Study Level: Bachelor, Masters, and PhD levels
Nationality: International Students (non -EEA/EU).
Romanian Government Scholarships Requirement
Non-EU nationals are eligible to apply for the scholarships. To be considered for a scholarship, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- a full file should be submitted;
- current study papers produced by accredited/recognized educational institutions in the country of origin;
- adhere to the deadline for enrolling;
- have excellent educational outcomes, based on an average of study years, during the previous ten years
- a school diploma with a minimum score of 7 (seven) on the Romanian scoring system, or a “Good” score, as the case may be;
- Observe the application submission procedure.
Persons with the following exceptions are not eligible for this program:
- people of Romanian ancestry or members of Romanian historical groups in Romania’s vicinity (eligible for several scholarship programs);
- citizens who have applied for or received protection in Romania;
- Persons who are stateless and whose presence on Romanian territory is legally acknowledged;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania, or family members of diplomatic and consular corps members;
- administrative and technical personnel of accredited diplomatic missions and consular offices in Romania;
- staff members of international organizations with a Romanian basis or family members of staff members of international organizations with a Romanian base;
- recipients of a Romanian government scholarship for the same academic year.
The scholarship, which includes the preparatory year if available, consists of the following:
assisting with college expenses;
- within the scope of the subsidy allotted for this purpose (lodging will be offered to the extent of available spots), paying the dormitory accommodation charges via the Ministry of Education and Research’s budget;
- awarding a monthly financial help of the following amounts: for undergraduate students, the equivalent in lei of 65 EURO; for master and specialty students, the equivalent in lei of 75 EURO; and for PhD students, the equivalent in lei of 85 EURO.
Application for Romanian Government Scholarships
How to Apply: Candidates must submit their application files in electronic or physical format (ideally in electronic format) solely via Romanian diplomatic missions.
For further information about eligibility and application procedures, please go here.
Candidates may send application files in electronic or physical format (ideally in electronic format) to the diplomatic mission of the state of citizenship accredited in Bucharest as an exception if the diplomatic mission approves it (a dedicated email address will be made available to foreign missions accredited in Romania for this purpose).
Romanian Government Scholarships Deadline
Application Deadline: March 15, 2022
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: