The REED Innovation Scholarship is offered to any undergraduate students who intend to enroll in a degree program at the Royal Holloway University of London.
Interested and eligible students from all around the world are encouraged to apply for a chance to win the award.
Sir Alec Reed founded this prize to honor and promote inventive and creative problem-solving among undergraduate students of any subject. The scholarship is worth £15,000 and is handed out in three installments of £5,000 per year for the first three years of study.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Royal Holloway University of London, UK
Scholarship Type: Academic award
Host Institution(s): Royal Holloway University of London, UK
Scholarship Worth: £5,000 – £15,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
REED Innovation Scholarship 2022 | Details
The fellowship is open to incoming first-year undergraduates studying any field and is intended to recognize and reward a student who can exhibit exceptional and innovative problem-solving abilities. Sir Alec Reed is the sponsor of this scholarship.
A candidate’s past academic background will also be taken into account. This will be determined by the documentation they present as part of their application for a degree.
REED Innovation Scholarship 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for a Royal Holloway University of London REED Innovation Scholarship, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- All new undergraduate students, both domestic and foreign, are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must have a good scholarship statement and minimum anticipated or final marks at GCE A-level AAA or equivalent.
- Sir Alec Reed may conduct an interview with shortlisted applicants before making a scholarship grant decision.
How to Apply
Students must complete and submit a scholarship application form by the deadline, which is set each year. A candidate’s past academic background will also be taken into account. This will be determined by the documentation they present as part of their application for a degree.
As part of your application, you must write a 400-word scholarship statement (please note that statements that exceed the word count will automatically be rejected). This should contain three unique ideas as well as three ideas from entrepreneurs you like. The following subjects may provide inspiration for your ideas:
- Solving an issue in a novel or uncommon method, whether it’s artistic, scientific, or technological.
- A one-of-a-kind and distinct answer to an issue that your school/college, group, or community is facing.
- forming a new group, organization, institution, or product to address a critical need.
Sir Alec Reed may call shortlisted applicants for an interview before making a final judgment on the scholarship offer. If required, interviews can be performed over Skype.
Deadline for applications: May 9th.
For more details, click here.
Recommended for You