For the Radio Art Residency Fellowship for Artists from Non-German Speaking Countries in 2022, the Goethe-Institut seeks applications.
The fellowship’s goal is to encourage and support autonomous and open-ended creative labor as well as the creation of new works of art.
The initiative enables artists from a wide range of disciplines to explore the narrative, technical, and creative possibilities of radio.
It encourages the investigation of radio as a means of communication, as well as the possible questioning of what may be considered a language by the radio.
The residency provides a diverse variety of creative choices for artistic practice, from using the radio as an exhibition space for artworks to using real-time media.
Worth of Award
As a fellow, you will enjoy
- Financing of arrival and departure expenses
- Provision of accommodation in Weimar for 3 months
- A monthly fellowship of 2,300 euros (includes material and production costs as well as costs for local transport and travelling)
- A broadcast in the Klangkunst (radio/sound art) programme of Deutschlandfunk Kultur (national public broadcaster)
- Curatorial supervision and technical support by Experimental Radio at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar. Provision of airtime by bauhaus.fm (via Radio Lotte)
Fellows may also take advantage of the following opportunities:
- For a month, work and present at the EIGENHEIM Weimar exhibition space.
- A workshop with Bauhaus-Universität Weimar students
- At the ACC Galerie Weimar, an artist will give a discussion.
- An artist discussion as part of Experimental Radio’s radio talks series, as well as performances at the Studio for Electro-Acoustic Music (SeaM)
- Using the Experimental Radio and Goethe-Institut networks to connect with relevant artists and institutions.
- A German language course at a Goethe-Institut in the nation of residency, if feasible.
Radio Art Residency Fellowship Requirements
- Artists working in the fields of acoustic and time-based arts are eligible to apply for this program (radio, performance, and sound artists).
- As a result, musicians from non-German-speaking nations who do not live in Germany are eligible to apply.
- Although prior radio production expertise is not needed, you should have an interest in connecting with the medium and utilizing it for your own work.
How to Apply for Radio Art Residency Fellowship
All applications should be made online and applicants are advised to start the application process early.
Deadline: Submissions for the Radio Art Residency Fellowship should be made on January 31, 2022, at 11:59 (CET).
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: