The University of Dar es Salaam School of Law in cooperation with the University of Bayreuth invites applications for the Programme for East African Lawyers in Tanzania for the 2022/2023 academic year.
TGCL provides highly specialized Master of Laws (LLM) and PhD study programs to aspiring attorneys and law students from the East African Community’s Partner States.
Its alumni are prepared to take on leadership roles in law, economics, culture, politics, and administration in the East African area.
They are also expected to be able to take on leadership roles in national, regional, and international organizations.
It offers interdisciplinary educational methods that connect theory and practice against the background of rising globalization and regionalization.
East African Community Law and Comparative Regional Integration Law are the subjects of the courses.
In addition, the curriculum provides students with an understanding of German and European Union legislation.
Furthermore, the students get training in Transferable Academic Skills to assist them at critical moments in their study.
Table of Contents
Worth of Award
The TGCL will award scholarships to applicants from EAC Partner States only, which will cover:
- the TGCL’s tuition rates for the LLM program
- A one-year cost-of-living allowance of 2,880 EUR
- A one-year accommodation subsidy of 360 EUR
- A year’s worth of affordable health insurance
- A lump-sum research allowance of 460 EUR
Programme for East African Lawyers in Tanzania Requirements
- Candidates from the East African Community Partner States, including Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda, are invited to apply.
- A Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent from a recognized higher learning institution is required for admission to the LLM program.
- Candidates who got their most recent university degree more than six years ago at the time of application may be enrolled as self-paying students, but they are not eligible for scholarships.
- English is the medium of teaching at the University of Dar es Salaam School of Law. Those who are unfamiliar with it are not eligible to apply.
- Female applicants, as well as people from underserved areas or groups, are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for Programme for East African Lawyers in Tanzania
The applicant must register online on the TGCL website, complete the online application form, and electronically submit the necessary documents:
- Please use the Europass CV template to sign your curriculum vitae. http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- motivational letter of one page
- a recent passport photograph
- a letter of reference from a professor at the university
- your employer’s letter of release (if you are employed)
- proposal for the planned study (please see the annexed guidelines).
You will also supply the passport data page or any other form of identification.
- All relevant certificates (birth certificate, secondary school academic certificates, academic transcripts, certificates of legal or other professional education (or provisional results for applicants who have just completed their LLB studies); in the case of documents written in languages other than English, an official translation should be attached.
All applicants must apply at both portals; TGCL and DAAD portal.
- (https://form.jotform.com/212423944360350) TGCL Scholarships
- Scholarships available inside a country or region (https://www.daad.or.ke/en/scholarship-programmes-within-africa/scholarshipprogrammes-within-east-africa/)
Programme for East African Lawyers in Tanzania Deadline
Deadline: The application deadline for the TGCL LLM Study Programme is December 15, 2021.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: