Applications for the 2022 Policy Communication Fellows Program are currently being accepted by the African Institute for Development Policy and the Population Reference Bureau (PRB).
The Policy Communication Fellows Program aims to develop the future generation of policymakers in their respective nations.
To enhance South-South cooperation and information sharing, the fellowship is held in conjunction with AFIDEP research and advocacy specialists.
Local advocacy objectives and policy landscapes will be learned firsthand by fellows, as well as how to adapt their research messaging to appropriate policy audiences.
Throughout the program, fellows are tutored on how to successfully communicate their results to non-technical audiences.
The program is dedicated to providing participants with an engaging, cutting-edge experience that reflects the broad and ever-changing world of policy and communications.
The fellowship program uses a blended learning method to keep participants engaged.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows must attend a week-long training session, complete online educational programs, and submit assignments.
Table of Contents
The program has three components:
Coursework on the Internet
To augment the in-person training, participants will be asked to attend brief online lectures and complete corresponding tasks during the fellowship.
Fellows are required to participate in one webinar before the training workshop and to attend post-institute online lectures.
Workshop for online training
Participants will participate in a week-long policy and communication workshop that will concentrate on the importance of research in the policy process as well as ways for effectively communicating research results to decision-makers.
Participants will engage with PRB and AFIDEP employees as well as local specialists in policy research and communication throughout the summer program.
Fellows will learn how to draw implications from their results and how to convey them effectively to policy audiences via a number of channels throughout the course.
Assignments in Policy Communication
Fellows will use the skills they gained at the workshop to deliver written assignments and an oral presentation for policy audiences between January and March 2022, depending on their dissertation research.
Fellows will get personalized feedback on their work from policy communication specialists throughout the assignments.
PRB Policy Communication Fellows Program Requirements
- All participants must be residents of poor nations that receive funds from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for population and health.
- Participants must also be in their third or fifth year of study and enrolled in PhD programs at respectable academic institutions.
- PRB provides preference to candidates who are in the early stages of their careers and whose dissertation research is focused on the subject areas.
- The program’s medium of teaching is English, and candidates must show in their application papers that they can successfully convey their research in English.
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Haiti, India, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, and Zambia
Application for PRB Policy Communication Fellows Program
Applicants must submit the following to PRB and AFIDEP:
- A cover letter explaining why you want to be a part of this program
- A form for making an application.
- An updated CV that includes a complete summary of educational and professional accomplishments.
- A two- or three-page synopsis of the candidate’s dissertation research.
- Two letters of recommendation were submitted straight from the reference writer (via e-mail).
Completed applications, letters of reference, or questions about the program should be sent via e-mail to [email protected].
PRB Policy Communication Fellows Program Deadline
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: December 10, 2021
Recommended for You:
IVolunteer International Writers’ Council Fellowship for Volunteer Writers in USA 2022
APN Collaborative Working Group Research Fellowship 2022
Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism 2022
Scripps Howard Foundation Fellowship Program 2022
Social Science Research Council Just Tech Fellowship 2022
Impact Toolbox Youth in Development Fellowship in Canada 2022
ICM Global South Translation Fellowships in USA 2022
SSRC Arts Research with Communities of Color (ARCC) Fellowship 2022