Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students at the University of Malaya in Malaysia, 2022 is available for local and foreign candidates.
The University of Malaya in Malaysia is accepting applications for its Student Financial Aid award for the academic year 2022/23. Local and foreign applicants enrolled (active status) in a Master’s (research mode) or Doctoral program are eligible to apply for the Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students.
The University of Malaya takes its name from the name of the nation at the time, ‘Malaya.’ “The University of Malaya would provide for the first time a common center where varieties of race, religion, and economic interest could mingle in a joint endeavor,” the Carr-Saunders Commission on University Education in Malaya, which recommended the university’s establishment, wrote in its Report in 1948. For a Malayan university must unavoidably recognize that it is a Malayan institution.”
Worth of Award: Successful applicants will receive a living allowance and up to a 100% fee waiver (for selected fees).
- This plan is accessible to local and foreign postgraduate students enrolling in Universiti Malaya’s Masters (full research) or Doctorate programs (UM).
- For the applied semester, applicants must have been given a position as a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) by UM for at least four (4) months (to apply for GRA, go to https://ra-recruitment.um.edu.my/).
- No federal, state, or statutory entity, or any other organization, may sponsor an applicant.
- Applicants must be debt-free with UM and have no outstanding fees.
At the time of application, applicants must be within the Graduate on Time (GOT) term of candidacy, i.e.
- For Masters students in their fifth semester and below.
- For doctoral students in the seventh semester and below.
- The applicant must have a current Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA).
How to Apply:
- Applications must be submitted online via maya.um.edu.my http://maya.um.edu.my > Finance > Scholarship.
- Applications submitted in hard copy format will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to upload their previous and latest Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) offer letter in the online application system. The GRA offer letter must have been issued by the Institute of Research Management & Services (IPPP), Universiti Malaya (https://umresearch.um.edu.my/).
- Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
Deadline: Applications should be received by not later than August 31, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you