The University of Southampton is accepting applications for a PhD studentship in Experimental Aerodynamics and Environmental Flows in the UK for the academic year 2022/23.
The goal of this research project is to use cutting-edge laboratory methods to model wind patterns and pollutants near structures in the real world. You’ll be helping to design and create a custom building model for wind tunnel/water tunnel testing.
To undertake measurements of the flow confronting and entering the building, you will be educated in laser-diagnostic technologies such as Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) and Planar Laser-Induced Fluorescence (PLIF). These tests will give cutting-edge data for analyzing the aerodynamic processes that connect outdoor and interior air quality.
Worth of Scholarship
- International applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Tuition fees plus a tax-free stipend of £15,609 per year for up to 3.5 years are included in the financing for UK students.
PhD Studentship at University of Southampton | Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have (or expect to get) a strong engineering undergraduate degree (at least a UK 2:1 honors degree, or its international equivalent).
- Fluid mechanics should be something you’re passionate about.
- It’s also a plus if you know how to use experimental techniques and computer programming to analyze data.
How to Apply for the PhD Studentship at University of Southampton
The following items should be included in your application for the Experimental Aerodynamics and Environmental Flows PhD Studentship:
- Research Proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two reference letters
- Degree Transcripts to date
Online applications should be made at https://www.southampton.ac.uk/courses/how-to-apply/postgraduate-applications.page.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, however for normal admissions, they must be submitted by May 31, 2022.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You